1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changed to 480p by accident. now i see snow.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by daddy420, May 17, 2007.

1. daddy420

daddy420 Member

I was trying to install a new XBMC. I did successfully. However when I was changing my options back to the way I like them I accidentally changed my resolution to 480p instead of AUTO. Now all I see is snow! I can load a game in and I hear it but can't see it! I have tried starting it by opening the tray instead of pressing the power button, still just see snow! I have a PC with FTP capabilities. I am using Evox and my xbox is softmodded.

Peace
    Thanks

2. daddy420

daddy420 Member

ok i figured out now it only does that when i use the digital cord. so now i am using analog i can navigate the xbox but don't know what to do to make it work plugged into digital cord!

3. steimy

steimy Active member

By digital cord do you mean the component cables?

4. daddy420

daddy420 Member

yes sir! The one that has 2 red 1 white 1 blue and 1 green cord and has the clear cable to connect it to the digital out on my surround sound.

5. daddy420

daddy420 Member

OK update: I used A.I.D. version 4.01 to restore MS dashboard. Then I un-installed old versions of XBMC, UnleashX, and DVD2XBOX. After that I reinstalled them. I restarted my XBOX and now it is regular old XBOX dashboard!? I still see all the files saved like the splinter cell exploit etc. but my xbox won't read any burned dvd/cd material and I can not access the UnleashX dashboard! I can now use the component cables though. I am really freaking out now!

Last edited: May 18, 2007
  6. daddy420

daddy420 Member

lol OK thanks for replying steimy. That I know of I fixed it all! I already have the files saved on my xbox still so no need for action replay. I just popped in splinter cell and re softmodded it!

7. steimy

steimy Active member

yes, that would have been my next suggestion. Glad you worked it all out. I really like the component cables, Gave me a nice crisp picture comapred to the stock composite cables.