1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Changing Burning Speed under Nero 7.5.9.0

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by OT99, Dec 6, 2007.

1. OT99

OT99 Member

This might seem like a dumb question but can anyone tell me where in the various options/menus within Nero 7.5.9.0 I can change my burning speed down to 4x?

Will it stay at this setting or is it something that I have to do for each project that I burn?

I have read in many places that I should not burn at the 16x that my burner is 'supposed' to be capable of but just don't know how to drop it down.

OT

2. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

Open Nero Rom and a screen will pop up new compilations, click burn and set your speed there. 16x is toofast and depending on what type of media your using for burn speed ,most of the media burns are set at 8x ,also you can set booktype your media here if you have +R it will change to DVD-rom.There is a later vers. of Nero than your using also. Chris

3. OT99

OT99 Member

So best not to do an all in one transcode and burn session then? As this is where I couldn't find the option to change the write speed.

If I get you right I should transcode and write to HD then open Nero Burn ROM and burn the disk at which point I can set the write speed.

I use Sony +R single layer disks by the way.

4. ChrisC586

ChrisC586 Regular member

When you change the speed and booktype in Rom it keeps it through the rest of the programs. The booktyping of +r to -Rom gives it more compatibility in all stand alones.if i remember right in vision when you select burner in options it also give a choice of burn speeds.And yes going to HD first then burning will do a better job. Chris

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007