1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Classic 80's cartoons

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by SabreLord, Sep 29, 2003.

1. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

Your kidding me, right Herb? No Fat Albert in the UK?

[bold]Hey, Hey, Hey![/bold]

2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

WOW!!! now that is sweet, good old FA theme song whenever i'm feelin groovy :)

4. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I remember the Cosby Show and Roseanne.

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Fat Albert was great. Good all Bill Cosby.

Watching the Green hornet and racing the soap box cars. I always thought it was based on Bill Cosby`s childhood. Which charcater can you see as old Bill?

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I was watch late night Tv again and caught an episode or Rocket Robin hood. Anyone else ever see that show. I think it dates back to 68 or early 70's animation. It was actually made in Toronto, Canada. I was really surprised.

7. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

I'm UK and nope....never heard of it :S

8. andmerr

andmerr Guest

gee rocket robin hood havent heard of that in over 30years.Pity they dont replay the good ones but of recent note i see that gigantor and some of the other ones like marine boy and battle of the planets are now coming out in box sets.

The other one now being showned is the remodelled HE-MAN
    and the masters of the universe.(Nice modern graphics and detailed characters).

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The best thing about DVDs is the rerelease of old stuff that used to be impossible to find. Cartoon network in Canada is now showing the old Hercules, Rocket robinhood and an other I remeber watching when jsut a little kid. But I don`t think I would buy them on DVD, just too odd. It would be like buying Friends on DVD (just wrong).

10. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

got bored half way through... but thought... hmm Astro boy... Our starblazers... etc... (not a cartoon but - monkey magic... blake 7... battle star galatica etc)

Last edited: May 15, 2004
  11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ prisoner:

quote: The best thing about DVDs is the rerelease of old stuff that used to be impossible to find.

You are right,
    still hoping to eventually get prince planet on dvd, was one of my favorites way back when i was younger

12. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Dungeons and Dragons, Ulysses and Visionaries have all been released on DVD recently check them out. The 80's cartoons have returned.

13. THEDICE

THEDICE Member

i watched all the good ones (captain caveman scooby doo hong kong phooey ,hate scrappy doo though wish one of the monsters would splat his puppy power ass ).and im still watchin toons now and im 33 years old love justice league ,teen titans,and batman of the future,and manga of course.

14. morna

morna Guest

HEY!!! Does anybody remember an animated movie about a panda prince? It had a strange look to it, like the characters were very flat. In the movie, the little panda's mother was a white polar bear, I think, and she was a queen. And in order to one day become king he had to pass the waterfall test or something. And he ends up failing it and is banned from the kingdom. Then he joins a circus or something. Thats all I can remember...SOMEONE HELP! I want to find this movie and own it! lol

15. enhanced

enhanced Member

Need help with this cartoons name!
    As far as i can remember this cartoon had thier main character as a young boy who had this small box(more like an old notebook aka laptop) and he would then control his small robot with that computer it was one hell of a show allways but unfortunately i cant remember its name its not a very old cartoon its more like at the time of thundercats , bionic six,Voltron ,and lots more! well i dont know when exactly am i gonna hear back from someone with ny clue regarding the cartoon! well thanks nyways to all who even tried to remember something after reading this message! thankyou!
    peace

16. enhanced

enhanced Member

and yeah the main idea of the whole cartoon was robot fights, other words robot wrestling in a ring hehe.!
    hope that might ring a bell or something!
    thanks again

17. nissasmom

nissasmom Member

does anyone remember this cartoon from the early 90's that took place in the woods. i remember a man would come out and pull a guitar from a tree stump or something and sing. he was the only real actor but the animals around him were puppets. no one i've asked remembers this cartoon. does anyone recall watching it?

18. ShadowNyt

ShadowNyt Regular member

while on the topic does any one have the answers to that kids TV coartoon quiz?

I got 40 of them - 3 I found on the web - i.e. bertha and the round the world with willy fogg...

and some more I know but obviously just can't spell right...

Anyone else seen this - and finished it?

http://www.cyber-mag.com/temp/kidstv_challenge.xls

need excel.

19. kcc76

kcc76 Regular member

battle of the planets has got to be 1 of the best i used to love that so i just got the dvd collection
    oooooohhhh it does take me back to the good old days he :p

20. gitenson

gitenson Guest

HELP! Looking for site to download old cartoons like me...Looking for M.A.S.K , voltron, centurions(who can remember that one?) and any other like them. Also cartoons like capt. cave man....please help