1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

coasters !!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jlg895, Aug 11, 2004.

1. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

quick question for all the newbies and members. Is there any way to detect errors on my dvdr without watching the entire movie.I've looked for scratches oilmarks and the disc is perfectly spotless so I assume it was something during the recording. I understand that it happens but is there a way to detect it using a program or something. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i think its called dvdinfopro or something like that. it can check the disc for write errors.

3. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

Is there a website it can be downloaded from.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

how about you search for yourself. took me about 3 seconds to find the website.

5. geestar20

geestar20 Active member

6. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

thanks for the link. I've noticed that members of afterdawn have little patience. At the same time I can respect that, being that this is the best community for everything I have been looking for. I'm sure it gets a little bothersome from newbies (myself) asking simple questions that all of you already know. It is a little difficult to find out about other topics. Sometimes when you find the topic youve been looking for, its hard for newbies such as myself to understand what it means. The main reason for newbies such as myself is to gain the knowledge as members and senior members. I have over 600 dvds and counting and would (like everybody else ) like to make the best backups I can. I have put countless hours in coasters. One after another. I have researched and stumbled upon afterdawn. I appreciate the help I have recieved and really just trying to say that I am not lazy nor do I like enthusiasm for learning what all of you do. Someday, I would like to contribute to this community instead of just trying to ask questions.

7. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Hi,

I realize it appears that some of us have little patience at times but one must also consider that we're doing this on our own (often limited) time so it helps us to help more people when folks are able to do a little footwork on their own.

I believe another factor may be that we're so used to these things that we tend to lose sight of the fact that others are still just getting a handle on all these new terms and software.

We hope to see you stick around, learn and contribute :)

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

Sorry if i was a little harsh, but the only reason i said it was because i went to google and typed dvdinfopro and the website was the first match.

9. zippyd

zippyd Active member

I agree with you sly.... all of us newbies need to understand that the members here are offering their help on personal free time. i'm guessing that jlg didn't bother to use the search option here at afterdawn or check out the software section(where ijust finished downloading dvdinfopro)

10. roberson

roberson Guest

To: SLY_61019:
    If it only took you 3 seconda to find the web site, how much longer would your answer taken? Sure we are on this group on our time but why visit if you just going to be short with members?
    Robert

11. roberson

roberson Guest

Good Morning JLG895:
    After you download the program and are running it look at the bottom left and chose your drive that your have placed your DVD in. At the top look for the six (6) Icon going left to right. Put your mouse on it and it should read "your media for read errors" Click on the Icon and click on the start button at the bottom right.
    It will then read you DVD and show any errors if any.
    This is a very good program. I test every one of my new DVD I have made in this software. Please do not forget purchase good blank media. Hope this helps. Robert

12. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i'm sure other members are also getting tired of people asking questions which they could very easily find the answer themselves.

13. jlg895

jlg895 Regular member

I never meant to call sly impatient. Now that I read back, I can see how it may seem that way. I, at the time, was also short on time, and was just looking for a quick link. I apologize,sly, if it came out that way. I have been doing a good deal of research. I've been going through the forums reading questions after questions and I sometimes get a little antsy when I spend so long and come up with nothing. All stable foundations put blood sweat and tears learning from their mistakes and then teaching others so they will not waste time making the same mistakes. The trainees then become the teachers to other trainees (newbies like myself). I appreciate all the help I have received from sly, scuba pete, nephilim, flip 218, and many others that have spent their time on me. I am just eager to learn thats all. When I found this site I knew it was the best and in no way do I mean to agitate it members. Thank you for welcoming me to your community.

14. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

That's the spirit!

Hugs for all :p