1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Comodo Firewall and online gaming.

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by magus7091, May 21, 2007.

1. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

I'm sorry if this has been asked before but I seem to be having a problem, and googling every combination of possible ways (I can think of) to ask this question hasn't seemed to help either. The problem I'm having is this: application updates. Not updates to CFP but updates to other programs. If you have a program that updates frequently, and it accesses the internet, then EVERY time you update, you have to re-allow the program multiple times.

With some programs or for some people this isn't too much of a problem, but with WoW for example, you have to pre-emptively either A.: add the game executable and allow all connections, or B.: alt-tab out of the game so the popup doesn't lock the program. I can successfully allow all connections, but is there any way to remember an application, regardless of changes to said application? I know this isn't very secure and if an exploit is made it will allow it full access to everything, BUT I would like to be able to do it. I've wanted to switch from ZoneAlarm to comodo but this is the one thing keeping me from doing so, because although ZoneAlarm doesn't allow this either, it's a lot simpler to deal with the problem when it DOES occur.

2. krj15489

krj15489 Active member

when it pops up and asks for permission there is a box in the lower left that says always allow. just click that box and it will remember the application

3. magus7091

magus7091 Regular member

That only works until the application in question is updated.