1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer/burning Jam

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wildriff, Jun 14, 2003.

1. wildriff

wildriff Member

Hello mates,

I'm running Windows 98 Second Edition and my burner is a BenQ 40x12x48 (USB). After much trouble with blue screens (due to the dreaded scsi1hlp.dxv file), I finally fixed it and installed Easy CD 6...

...only to face another problem! When the burner has nothing in it, everything is alright: the burner is recognized, I can make projects on Easy CD, etc.

The minute I insert a blank CDR, everything gets jammed. I can still move the cursor around, but can't click on anything, and any Easy CD windows being opened get stuck. The second I turn off the CD burner, the computer immediately gets unstuck and I can click on things again. Sometimes, it gets unstuck just by ejecting the blank CDR, so I don't always have to turn off the burner.

Although...twice, the screen completely froze (I couldn't even move the cursor): once with a CDR in the burner, another without one in there.

This is certifiably driving me out of my mind! I've been jumping through hoops to burn - had to buy a new burner, Easy CD 6, fix blue screens, etc. This seems like the final hurdle; I've looked through FAQs and the like, to no avail. I would greatly appreciate any help and would be eternally grateful...

Thanks so much!

Cheers,
    J.

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Im not to sure about your problems but one thing i can tell you to is this:

- Uninstall Easy CD Creator completely
    - Place the instal CD of the above software onto a fire or throw out window.
    - Download Nero version 5.5.10.35
    - This would be a better position to be in

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I got a better solution m8. Uninstall Easy CD Cre(a)mator>reboot>toss Easy CD Cre(a)mator out da window>run scan disc>install ASPI layer 4.6>download BurnAtOnce or CDBurner XP Pro< freebies!
    http://www.burnatonce.com/index.html
    http://w1.737.telia.com/~u73702956/download.htm

Possible errors: ASPI layer conflict and DirectCD as I despise packet writing software on any brand (Ahead InCD included)!

"Senior" Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 15, 2003