1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computer isn't finding my nVidia graphics card

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by omegared, May 28, 2007.

1. omegared

omegared Member

I bought a Qosmio, and it came with a ton of stuff, hd dvd drive, nVidia GeForce Go 7600 256mb Vram video card. Everything worked fine for a while, and now the computer doesn't recognize the card, only that it is VGA compatable. I've tried re-installing, uninstalling, downloading new drivers, but the new drivers say there is no previous driver or the hardware is not found on the computer. When I install the regular driver it came with, the screen turns pure black and is not lit up at all, but safemode runs fine. The computer is still on as the blue on button is still lit up. Please help.

2. dazila

dazila Regular member

Ok follow this.
    Go into device manager right click my computer and click manage then go to Devices or Hardware on the tree on the side under Display adapters your 7600 shoudl have 2 things one saying Nvidia GeForce 7600 Primary and one that says secondary but because ur drivers dont work and stuff you will find it as VGA adapter right click it and fo uninstall reboot ur PC will now think you put a new card in see if it detects it have teh drivers ready now windows driver box will come up click cancel on all and once it says there was an error and it couldnt be installed on ur tray (This is due to u clicking cancel on teh windows drivers) now run or inster the drievr cd this should fix it.