1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Computers 10 years from now?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by JSRife, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Sophocles

Sophocles Senior member

Hey Nephilim

I rest my case.

2. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

As should we all.

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Praetor, as a half engineer you should know that even the glass fake eyes are different. Glass has a dentincy to shift and take up colours differently. My anut is an artist whom has been trying to mix metal, cermaic and glass. Very interesting art, and would be good for automotive ete stuff. But we should get off this hole in the head disscussions. I can`t stop laughing when writing this. Or create a medical thread dedicated to head injuries.

Nephilim, there working on that. I was considering doing a post doc with a lab in New York that has not only been able to map thoughts into the motion of the cursor, but do it with out physical implantation. All you would need is my pair of sunglasses and a neuro hat and you could do all your computer stuff hands free.

4. JSRife

JSRife Guest

Back on this one. I think Computers will be so advanced, you won't need to buy Video and Sound cards or possibly even memory. Everything will be all on one small little chip, Processor, Video, Sound,unbelievable Memory and EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!! It will be superb....We won't be using DDR memory, it will be the thing of the past just like Commodore and Atari, a whole new technology will be here. The computer will be pretty small, the size of a Laptop or smaller and the Main chip to run everything will be very small. It won't have a DVD writer/ Won't even use DVD's all the data, Movies, Audio and everything will all be on a small chip card. Bassically the only two pieces inside the computer will be some advanced Mother board with one chip, and every 5 years you will upgrade whole computer, you won't even use half the computers power the first few years. By this time a calculator will be bassically be comparable in memory to what we have today. Maybe I should have put computers 20 years from now. I mean if you think about it, computers will get more simple, you won't need to buy bulky video cards, and memory everything will be on a chip the size of my finger nail. We won't use monitors anymore, everything will be just displayed in thin air, any size you want it. Kinda like on Star wars with c3PO's little video thingy, but it will be far better quality then that, it will be real life looking. Will all be introduced around 2020-2030.

5. john179

john179 Active member

Talk about taking the fun out of building one.One mob and a couple of chips what would we all do with are spare time.

John179

6. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

we probably wont even have time for the luxuries we enjoy now. :cry: as time goes on the work day gets longer and longer. then we seem to drag ourselves into the mud and drown, only to start the technology wheel over again. terrible cycle, terrible.

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

No I cann`t see that happening at all. Work and stuff moves in cycles. We had a time of short days and easy work. It didn`t really work, but long work days also don`t work. Unless you are working at home. Which is more of the future I see. More people walking around with portable computers and working at home on there work. Why have a wide open office with games when you could give your imployees portables and if they want air they will be at the lake working. I already see this. People with notebooks working and on the phone or wireless connected to the internet. This is more the future of work I can see. So might be longer hours, but you will be somewhere else not in a cubical geting it done. Banks learned this, thats why I see more phone and internet bank options. Why talk a person when you can get it done correctly on a computer.

8. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

it really depends what line of work you are talking about here. banks can work online...thats easy. its all money. but what if your a security guard??? how u gonna nab a criminal when ur a mile away watching him on your PDA?? jobs like those need hands on experience, osmething that a computer might not be able to do forquite some time. but i do see your point...office cubicals will probably be a thing of the past pretty soon. my dad works from home alot cuz its just affective having meetings online as it is in an office most of the time.

9. john179

john179 Active member

4W4K3 have you not watched Matrix the guard could get around like this.Well blown out of preportion i know but it would be good fun for the Guard want it.

John179

10. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

...the matrix isn't realistic. i think teleportation would be easier than figuring out "the matrix" in reality and learning to fly around lol. i think in 10 yrs. the most advanced it will probably get is all secured rooms and stuff will have computer controlled locks and windows and doors so once someone is inside and detected they can't escape, and the cops just come and pick them up.

11. john179

john179 Active member

Now that would be something

John179

12. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Well 4W4K3, your not thinking out of the box. Yes a security guard will not be able to work at home, but I am saying saidly there will not be security guards. Why.

If we are all online working, shoping ete. Then the security guards of the future will be at the websites, preventing hacking and cracking and online theft. If you remove the store front, then you remove all the personalization. So the only things left would be tourist traps that people visit. They may need security guards, but with online photos and stay inside working all the time, people would be so afaid to leave the house that they no longer leave. thus elimating all outdoor needs. Well except for the deliveries of the online grocery stores. So all you really need then are delivery men/women that will have the roads to them selfs.

A possible future, but you never rally no.

13. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

i get what ur saying...i guess i'm just thinking that thats a little extreme. remove the ENTIRE storefront in 10yrs. seems quite impossible, and i know i would have a problem with never going to the mall again, or going outisde, or meeting my friends up at mainevent or places like that. there could be issues with mallrats if we decide to take out all the stores lol.

14. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

In the future we are the mall rats. Haven`t you ever been to a forum at an online store. We are the Mall rats of the future, too bad Jay and Silent Bob are there :)

15. 4W4K3

4W4K3 Guest

a forum at an online store? that'd be the most boring thing in the world. we're all gonna get big and fat if we sit ant type all day.

16. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest