1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Confused on which Plexters to buy from New Egg

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by MackIII, Oct 13, 2004.

1. MackIII

MackIII Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2004
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

All the drives in your first link are Plextor Premiums. All you need to do is decide what color and whether you want an OEM or retail. "Model PX-PREMIUM" is what you're looking for.

The second link is the same as the first one but the Plextor PX-708A and PX-712A are both outstanding burners. I've had my PX-708A for around a year now and it has been a stellar performer for both DVDs and PC games. You can't go wrong with either one :)

3. MackIII

MackIII Guest

4. Nephilim

Last edited: Oct 13, 2004
  5. MackIII

MackIII Guest

Hey Nephilim

Since you have both a 708 and a Plex Premium, can I just used the 708 or 712 to do it all, or will I still need a Plex Premium as well?

6. Nephilim

My personal advice would be to get both if you can swing it. My PX-708A defeated all the protections I threw at it until Doom 3 and SafeDisc 3.20.022 - it just couldn't do it. Come to think of it, I don't believe I tried BW 4.57 with my 708A. Let me run a test or two and get back to you.

All said and done even though the 708A is good at games I don't feel it's as capable as my Premium. With the protections getting tougher and tougher it'll pay to have the very best drive you can :)

7. Nephilim

Good news! I just made a perfect backup of Doom 3 with my 708A using BlindWrite 4.57 so as it stands now if you just wanted to get a 708A or 712A you should be covered as far as making true working backups of your games. You could always get a Premium later on if the protections get too hard for the 708A/712A :)

8. MackIII

MackIII Guest

Hey thanks for all your time and extra work on all of this for me. This kind of helps me for now. You are true to the game.

Thanks again
    MackIII

9. Nephilim

Anytime, my friend. Don't be a stranger :)