1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

connecting sch-r500 to computer via USB

Discussion in 'Samsung discussion' started by jstone80, Mar 17, 2008.

1. jstone80

jstone80 Member

Okay so I installed the newest usb driver for the samsung hue downloaded from the samsung site along with samsung pc stuido 3. I installed the driver (cellphone was not connected to the computer) , then installed samsung stuido 3. When i connect the phone with the usb cable it doesnt show its connected in the connection wizard in samsung stuido. When i click start,run, on windows xp and then type in devmgmt.msc into the bar and then open up to see my usb connection it shows the phone is connected and when i unplug it shows it not connected. I have also went into the phone settings and set the pc connection to usb mass storage. Any ideas why its not letting me connect in the samsung studio program?

2. halbigj

halbigj Member

HEY I DONT HAVE AN ANSWER BUT I HAVE THE SAME EXACT PROBLEM. I WOULDNT HAVE PAID SO MUCH MONEY FOR THE PHONE IF I COULDNT UPLOAD PHOTOS FROM THE PHONE TO MY PC. THIS REALLY SUCKS. I'VE GOT THE DRIVERS AND SOFTWARE AND IT STILL DOESNT SHOW AS CONNECTED AND I CANT THE PHOTOS ONTO MY PC.

3. jstone80

jstone80 Member

Well i was able to solve this problem buy buying a micro sd card for the phone. once u have it installed and u transfer all ur files to the card then conncect ur phone via usb cord or usb card reader then just open up my computer in windows and it should pop up like a removable flashstick. I dont even use the samsunbg programs since it is drag and drop and plus i still cant get the samsung products to comunicate with each other. But yeah once u have a removable memory card installed then u can drag and drop files.

4. halbigj

halbigj Member

Wow. What a drag. Well, I guess that's as good as it gets. Thanks for the advice, I've been trying desperately to get a real answer. That really helps me out alot. Well, I'm off to buy a memory card.