1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Connecting to Xbox from a Mac

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by Sunlis, Jan 27, 2007.

1. Sunlis

Sunlis Guest

I've searched the forum, but been unable to find an answer to my question. But I apologise if I missed the thread I should be looking in.

I'm trying to softmod my xbox, but I can't connect to it over ftp. I used the IP address found in the network settings, and the username xbox, password xbox.
    Do you need to put evox on it before you can use ftp? If so, where can I get it?

Thanks, Sunlis

2. knockemv2

knockemv2 Regular member

3. Sunlis

Sunlis Guest

Well, after a long while spent searching, downloading and buying, I am only short one thing that I need to softmod my xbox. Either an "Action Replay for Xbox", or an xbox-usb adapter.
    I here you can make your own adapter from an old xbox controller, and I think that's what I'll do. There's a tutorial on Command-Tab that tells you how to make one from a relplacement breakaway cord. Unfortunately some soldering is required for this, so things could get messy.

Also, I got a Platinum Hits (or whatever they're called) version of Splinter Cell, will that work, or do I have to try to find an original version?

Thanks,
    Sunlis

4. Sunlis

Sunlis Guest

*bump*