1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CONNECTING TO XBOX THROUGH FTP HELP!

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by Holliday, Sep 27, 2003.

1. Holliday

Holliday Member

The XBOX settings correct. It shows the IP (192.168.0.102), but when I ping from command prompt, it either request times out, or I lose packets some packets. When trying to connect to the XBOX via FTP. It's really slow, and most of the time loses the connection, so I'm not able to transfer files from PC to XBOX. I don't know what the hell is wrong, but it's driving me up the wall. I need to transfer files to the XBOX... so I won't have to waste CD-Rs. This Cat5e cable I'm using from xbox to router is less then 5 months old. I'm using FlashFXP (with pass off, and I've tried on too).

If you could help, I would greatly appreciate it. I've been having this problem for about 2 months now. I can't seem to resolve it. I don't know if I should try a new cat5 cable or what.

Thanks,
    Doc

2. Bummknee

Bummknee Guest

3. Holliday

Holliday Member

I've done all that already.

4. seamonkey

seamonkey Regular member

hmm.. thats a weird thing.. i'd probably try to hook the xbox into a different port on your router and perhaps you might need to config your router to open the ftp port to the xbox (not totally for sure on this, but i know my router has a built-in dhcp so i have to config it to open up ports for remote desktop and so on..); the latter is more of a long ball idea.

have you tried to connect with just your network card and a crossover cable? that might be something to try to..
    hope the helps
    peace
    seamonkey420

5. Holliday

Holliday Member

Explain more on when you say "connect with your network card and a crossover cable".

6. djc11369

djc11369 Member

Sounds similar to a problem that I was having connecting to the internet (I have a linksys router with cable broadband). I had to rerun the utility disk that came with it and it cured the problem, all was fine for over a year then all of a sudden, don't know if its the same but might be a try. With a crossover cable you can connect directly from your pc network card to the xbox and bypass the router entirely.

7. Holliday

Holliday Member

I took a shot of replacing the cat5 cable with a smaller 25ft cable and well... I guess something happen to the 50ft cat5 cable I was using, because now with the new cat5(25ft) cable it works normal. I don't know what the hell happen to that cable, but I glad I got it working again. *sigh* that sure was a pain in THE ASS! I didn't think cat5 cables could go out like that.

8. MaxBern

MaxBern Guest

Dude! Go wireless man. 25' wow! I have wireless router hooked up to my cable modem and pc and a wireless bridge hooked up to my xbox. Works like a charm! My PC is upstairs and my xbox is down and I don't have an anoying cable to step over going up the stairs.

9. danwin

danwin Member

Thats the same problem i've got, transfers will start, but the rates just drop until the transfer stops. Driving me crazy!