1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

controlling mp3 file order

Discussion in 'Audio' started by Creeker, Nov 1, 2003.

1. tAsarlai

tAsarlai Member

For some reason the *.m3u playlist does not work when I burn the cd and then try to play it.
    I kept it in the root of the file that should have been an exact copy. I did it two different ways just to be sure. m3u does not seem to work.

Anyway, I forgot that shortcuts in the root will have the *.lnk as their extension instead of *.mp3. Hmmmmmmm
    But when I put the cd in the drive, voila.! it works anyway (one of the four i did). Whether it is forcing the order or not I do not know.

I think what is really needed is a program that will allow me to burn the file/folder combinations and create 44 +/- byte shortcuts in the root of the CD that I burn automatically.

Originally my burner came with the B's Recorder Gold, but the Trial mp3 burning portion ran out and I just don't feel like ripping out every thing or re-installing the OS or giving them more money for something that should have been included from the git-go.

Any other suggestions.?
    Am I missing something.?

Thanx again

2. alxdotnet

alxdotnet Guest

m3u doesn't work on most players...they have to specifically support it. Sounds like yours doesn't. I will get renamer working soon, and maybe (if I can figure out how it works) include burning support with CDRDAO.

3. Caribbean

Caribbean Member

In case you are still looking at this page, here is another alternative. Acoustica has a product which allows you to maintain any file order you wish when burning MP3 CDs. I'm sure there are other products as well.

http://www.acoustica.com/mp3-cd-burner/index.htm

Good luck,
    Caribbean Blues

4. Creeker

Creeker Guest

Thanks for the alternative. I haven't heard of this before. Have you personally tried Acoustica? If so, I'd like to hear your thoughts.