1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

convert avi files to dvd-rw

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by selmer.m6, Aug 15, 2002.

1. selmer.m6

selmer.m6 Guest

I use a lot of digital video and am expreriancing difficulties writing to my dvd I have converted the files to mpeg2 using TMPEGEnc, and I am trying to write to dvd using nero 5.5.9 and recieve the following error messages.........Dvd compatible vob, ifo or bup files required to creat dvd. any ideas folks?

2. dRD

dRD I hate titles Staff Member

If you would bother reading the FAQ, you understand -- it is not enough to have compatible MPEG-2 file and burning software, you also need to author the DVD disc (== create the DVD structure, such as chapters, menus, etc) to it, which will generate you VIDEO_TS directory with VOB files and rest of the stuff (IFO, BUP, etc..).

Authoring tools cost -- SpruceUp, Maestro, DVDIt, MyDVD, Scenarist NT are all good and well-known DVD authoring tools.

3. selmer.m6

selmer.m6 Guest

Thanks for info have not tried it yet as spruce up ect do not allow for full version so am looking for alternative or where to buy.....