1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting AVI to DVD with Nero Vision Express

Discussion in 'Nero discussion' started by gamexprt, Nov 4, 2007.

1. gamexprt

gamexprt Member

I have used Nero Vision Express before to burn movies. It was when I installed the software at my father in laws house and it worked fine. When I got home I installed the program and tried it and when I played the disc it only shows the Menu screen and cant play the movie. Can anyone tell me how to fix this or what I need to do to correct the problem thanks?

I have installed the Mpeg2 plug in and have nero ultra edition 6.

2. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Can you open the VIDEO_TS folder in Windows Explorer to make sure you actually burned video and not just the menu.

Can you play the VOBS, if they exist, with a software DVD player like Power DVD, WinDVD, etc.

3. Rob49

Rob49 Guest

Hi gamexprt
    I was having the same problem and after reading what you wrote I uninstalled my Nero and reinstalled it. After this mine worked but I found I had to click on the little menu box for it to start for the first time.
    Thanks Rob

4. gamexprt

gamexprt Member

It is weird because i converted an avi movie to dvd using this software. You know how at the bottom it shows how much space it will take. Well I try to get it to 4.3 GB for the best quality, but after the burn process I checked the dvd size and it said it was only 1.3
    I dont understand why it says the disc space used before the burn process is more then after the actuall burned movie. I have everything installed the way its supposed to and its still not working. Yes the actuall VOB files are on the dvd but only the menu will show.

5. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

There's only so much an avi will expand when converted. You can't add video quality back, you're only changing formats, from mpeg4 to mpeg2. MPEG2 is not as efficient so the size increases accordingly (by around 3 1/2 times iirc). What was the total size of the AVIs that were converted?

I do not know what's going on as I cannot tell for sure what steps you're taking or exactly what you've done in this case. Try converting without the menus. You can always add menus back in a separate step.