1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting .DAT files to DVD ?

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by mgk, Oct 9, 2007.

1. mgk

mgk Member

Hi,

i have been given various dvd-r discs which have .DAT files on them. I can only play and view these on my pc at present.

I am looking for the easiest, quickest method for a noob like me to convert these .DAT files onto dvd+r disc to play on any dvd player or pc.

I have nero 6 reloaded and windows movie maker and have been sucessful in converting with other jobs with these, so if you suggest anything else please explain in simpleton terms if you dont mind.

Any help or advice appreciated, many thanks in advance.

2. attar

attar Senior member

I associate .dat files with VCD's.
    You can add .mpg to the end of the file name and load it into 'Nero Vision Express' [AKA 'NeroVision 4' in Nero 7] and convert to DVD.

3. mgk

mgk Member

Thanks for the reply Attar, i have succesfully converted the first of my .dat files to dvd using Nero Vision Express. Although i have Vision Express 3, nero 6.6.0.3 it still works and plays.

Do you think i should upgrade to Nero 7? its just that at the time other's here mentioned that N7 had many bigs and was unstable.

Also i assume it wouldnt make any difference if i burnt to cd ?

Thanks again.