1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

converting files

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by ryanmeyer, Mar 29, 2007.

1. ryanmeyer

ryanmeyer Member

my question is is there any really good an maybe faster program out there besides dvd santa that you can convert avi or all files to dvd format then burn them? i have dvd santa but it is super slow is there any other type out there i can get or use? does nero do converting if so can someone tell me how it works? thanks

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you have Nero Vision 4 or Nerovision Express.
    Put a blank in the burner.

Start the program.

Select Make DVD > DVD Video > Add Video Files.
    Select your AVI file(s).
    At some stage it may ask about NTSC or PAL.Answer accordingly.
    Make the default menu then use the simulator to check the operation of the authored disk.
    Proceed to burn, but don't let it burn at max.(Use half the rated speed or 4x on Verbatim or media that says 'Made in Japan':that's what the Nero Forum at Afterdawn says).
    Note, if you start Nero before putting in the disk, you can't change the burning speed.

3. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd is a great program to do converting avi to dvd,the trial leaves a watermark, once you buy the program it is money well spent you won't be sorry, also you can change to different encoding speeds, depending on what quailty you want it also will convert pal to ntsc,