1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting my VHS Movies to DVD

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by gfxbss, Oct 26, 2004.

1. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

I've had my computer for about a year now, it is a Sony Vaio. It is pretty much a media computer, it has RCA jacks in the front as well as the back. The computer also has a TV card with it run by a program called GigaPocket. The card will allow me to watch the movie Dirty Work, but it will not allow me to record it, it give me a copy protection error. The error i really dont understand because VHS tapes dont have copyright codes encrypted in them..... Therefore there must be code in the GigaPocket. I have Pinnacle Studio 9 and am trying to capture it using that... however it will not allow me to. If anyone can help please do... thanks.... GFX

2. gfxbss

gfxbss Member

i figured out that is is just that my computer is not finding the VCR..... obviously VCR's do not have drivers, so how could i fix this...thanks... gfz