1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Video_ts files for Premiere Pro Editing

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by helpme2do, Apr 5, 2007.

1. helpme2do

helpme2do Guest

Hi folks

I am really sorry if this has been covered previously, but I did a search and couldn't find what I needed.

I normally copy my VHS stuff to my PC for editing with Adobe Premiere Pro. I use a Matrox card for this. However, at the moment it is playing up and I have some urgent conversion work to do.

As an alternative, I have copied the vhs directly to DVD (on my DVD recorder) and have now transfered to PC using DVD Fab, which has given me a Video _ ts file.

What I need to do is convert to a format to re-edit in Premiere Pro, as the images need a lot of work on them. I have done this before, but to be honest I've forgotten how I did it.

Can anyone help please ?

Regards

2. dizzyduck

dizzyduck Regular member

Try WinAVI video converter. It is probably one of the fastest video conversion programs around. Inside the Video_Ts folder is a bunch of .ifo and .vob files. With WinAVI, you can select the .vob files and convert them to .avi which I'm pretty sure can be used with Premiere. You can also try changing the extension of the .vob files to .mpeg. The files can still be played in your media player, but not sure if Premiere will recognize it. Hope this helps.