1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Converting Video_TS - MPEG2 - Video_TS

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by TheBazman, Mar 17, 2007.

1. TheBazman

TheBazman Member

Hi all

I think I may have found a solution from reading through other posts, but I would like to check first.

I have a big library of DVDs on my pc in VIDEO_TS folders (so each film is around 4gb in size). They are taking up too much space at the moment so I would like to convert them to a smaller format while retaining the option to reconvert and burn back up to DVDs at a later stage (without too much loss of quality)

What I currently do is convert to .AVI with Super and use DVDSanta to reconvert to DVD. My problem is that I dont think .AVI is the best quality wise. I often get slight delays in the audio. I heard that .MPEG2 retains better quality. However DVDSanta doesnt seem to reconvert .MPEG2 files. I get " Unable to open Video Stream" error.

Am I right in saying my best option is to still use Super to convert to .MPEG2 and buy VSO ConvertXtoDVD for the reconversion back to DVD (Video_TS) and subsequent burning to DVD. Some earlier threads mention blurring after using ConvertXtoDVD.

Cheers in advance for the advice

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

just make backups of the dvd's with dvd's no need to convert the dvd to avi thain back to dvd to much time, also convertxtodvd2 is a great program to usr to do your converting from avi to dvd