1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Copy Avi Movie

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by jobayus, Nov 6, 2004.

1. jobayus

jobayus Member

Can somebody please tell me what Type of Media can an AVI movie off the Hard Drive be copied on.How do you Copy an Avi Movie to Media?Thanks.

2. lapinou

lapinou Member

you can convert an avi / divx etc.. to a dvd, for example using divxtodvd , you can download it from www.vso-software.fr . despite the name it works for avi to dvd too. and it is a 1 click application.

3. jobayus

jobayus Member

Thanks lapinou.Is it possible to copy An AVI to Media without Converting to DVD?I have a Player that can play Avi Movies and I would like to try it as is without Converting.Thanks.

4. lapinou

lapinou Member

yes you can , but it needs to be a avi files recognized by the player. you have a divx dvd player you mean ?
    avi means nothing, .avi is not a real format, just a extension, a .avi can be a lot of different things.
    if you can't play back when you burn it as a file like something like copytodvd, then .. you need to convert it to ensure the best playability on every dvd player for example.

5. jobayus

jobayus Member

Thanks again Mate.Yes I have Divx Player.How do you copy a Divx to Media,and what Media is it copied to?I would like to try this Player with Divx DVD.