1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

copying dvd without rippers & hdd...ect

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by macey, Jan 18, 2005.

1. macey

macey Guest

i am told to believe that i can copy a dvd without rippers, and without chewing up my hdd, by using my cd rom and burner.i know of people who put dvd in cd drive and blank in burner and within 15 mins its all done, (is this possible)??? I am also told that i am taking the long and hard way to copy dvd's, not to mention my hdd will eventually fry, even being defragmented once a week,and if keep going with shrink and decrypter will i burn my hdd? Please Help.

2. RussReef

RussReef Guest

"i am told to believe that i can copy a dvd without rippers"

-- This is very doubtful. You need to use a ripping program at least the first time, in order to take off the copyright protection that is part-and-parcel of nearly every store-bought DVD.
    -- Now then, if you copy a copy(that has already had the copyright protection taken off of it) then you can do a disc-to-disc, 1-to-1, on-the-fly copy in about 15 minutes burning at 4x speed... assuming you have both a DVD-ROM and a DVD-burner in your computer... and your computer is fast enough to keep up with the data transfer without any buffer-underrun errors... then you wouldn't have to use your hard-drive at all.

"chewing up my hdd"

-- Stop worrying about this. It's not going to happen unless you're ripping 24/7. As long as your hdd isn't overheating, it's not a concern. And, most hdd's made in the past 5-6 years run cool enough to deal with whatever you can throw at them.

"... can copy a dvd without rippers, and without chewing up my hdd, by using my cd rom and burner."

-- CD-ROM drive can not read DVDs. Plus, even if they could, you'd still have to get the information off of the store-bought DVD and onto your computer somehow... I don't think osmosis is gonna cut it! LOL!

"I am also told that i am taking the long and hard way to copy dvd's"

-- I'm open to new suggestions. I think you should have your "all-knowing" friend actually show you this voodoo magick he's speaking of!

"if keep going with shrink and decrypter will i burn my hdd?"

-- Very doubtful.

Stop worrying, my friend. You're doing it the right (and fastest) way.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2005
  3. macey

macey Guest

Thanking you, i thaught not either, i just thaught to ask that is all. i can decript/analyse/encode and burn in just over an hour so thats good enough for me. Thanks again.