1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

corrupted every time i burn

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Liamas, Nov 3, 2004.

1. Liamas

Liamas Member

Ive bee through all the guides, ive used dvd shrink to copy dvds that are to large to copy in nero, and everything seems fine. The dvds compress fine, copy fine, but dont work at all, in my pc or any dvd player. I put it in my dvd player in my pc and it just says the disk is invalid or corrupted and cant be read and its just spins. Im using a Emprex dvd dual 16x double layer dvd copier. Anyone got any ideas? help greatly appreciated..could it be the disk's im using? using: Mr. DVD (DVD+R) 4.7gb.

2. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

First things first I would definitely lookt at the media, try and go with a true quality media like a Ritek Ridata or even something more commercial like Maxell etc..

I would assume that the media probably largely the issue, however to not want to play at ALL even in the burner that recoreded it, that seems strange.

Can you possibly lay out the steps you took to backup the DVD using DVD Shrink for us to analyze? Have you had any backups work or are you just starting into the "Hobby" so to speak?

3. Liamas

Liamas Member

Thanx for the help, yes i just bought a burner and it came with pinnacle software..The only thing they ever get right is the shape of the cd, so i throw that straight out the window. Ive just managed to burn my first dvd tho as i just went out and got some Philips dvd+RW cds. I dont think my burner likes the other ones, and now it seems to work fine. I knew i was doing everything right as i read all manuals and guides and spent days on it, seems a cheap dvd can cost you alot of time. Ty for the help, all solved now =)

4. aut0psy

aut0psy Regular member

Alright, now when you invest in some DVD-R or +R media I recommend going with Ritek Ridata (Branded) media, very good quality.