1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

covert dvd-pal to dvd-ntsc with procoder

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by born1974, Jan 22, 2005.

1. born1974

born1974 Member

help! I got a full dvd movie that is in pal format. I need ntsc. I have canapus procoder 2 which is much better than tmpegenc i think. anyways i tried to convert the vob and the vts files first and it started to work for about 35 seconds then just stopped. the resulting files looked all scrambled with big green squares and other colors i tried it again with just the vob's and it did the same thing. can it it done. is there a program were you just throw the whole movie in tell it you want ntsc and blamo you done.

2. born1974

born1974 Member

o.k scratch what i said before. yes i can covert pal to ntsc with procoder. now my question is is there are vob., vts., ifo., and buf. files if im correct. can i just put everything in and convert or do i just put the vob and maybe the vts files in. and if i do that will make it's own ifo and buf files and will play the movie without pauses in between each vob. or do have to keep the original ifo and buf but just replace the new converted vob and vts with the old ones. the only reason why i ask this is if you put say 2 .99 gig files in and convert them then burn them when it gets to that point in the movie it pause for about 3 seconds where the to files meet. i would like to avoid this. thanx a bunch if you can help me out.