1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crap, I think i screwed up, but u tell me.

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by CRAZYmack, Mar 28, 2003.

1. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

ok, so i multiplexed one of my three video files to a VCD header without checking the audio first. It turns out that the audio is like 1 second out of sync. Is there anyway to correct it after i've multiplexed? I can't de-multiplex because it doesn't work, so that rules out goldwave correction. i can't use the TMPGenc one because it says cannot open this file it is unsupported. So, any ideas? i really don't wanna have to start over, and to quite honest, i don't think i can.

2. Dela

Dela Administrator Staff Member

Do you mean you are trying to open the .dat file from the vcd in tmpgenc??

3. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

no, i have a mpeg-2 file that i haven't yet burned on a CD but i have multiplexed it as a Video-CD. I wanna know if after doing the multiplex if there is a way that i can correct the audio without having to start over again. TMPGenc doesn't like my mpeg-2 files once they've been multiplexed as VCDs.

4. Dela

So multiplex it back again!! that should work anyway!

5. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

yah, i already tried that, and when I load the multiplexed mpeg into the TMPGenc toolz to multiplex it back to mpeg-2 SVCD it says illegal mpeg video stream.

6. Dela

You might need the mpeg-2 plugin. Geez I dunno the link to it but ill find it and let ya know!

7. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

omg, that would be great. BUt one more thing, why would i need the mpeg-2 plugin? if i multiplexed it as a VCD won't TMPGEnc recognize it as a mpeg-1 file?

8. Dela

ye it probably would recognise the mpeg-1 headers but then again it could probably pick the up the mpeg-2 stream!

9. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

well, i found the mpeg-2 plugin and installed it. No more need for u to go lookin for it Dela. Anyway, I can now load the multiplexed mpeg-2 files in TMPGenc, but still cannot in the multiplex menu. I can only load htem into where i am going to encode them. Also, to use TMPGEnc to correct audio, do I have to re encode it?

10. CRAZYmack

CRAZYmack Guest

another weird problem. Ok, so I've got an xvid video thats about 700mb. I've also got a divx video thats about 800mb. The divx one is worse quality but bigger because its longer. So I encode both in TMPGenc using an SVCD template (the same template) the xvid one comes about to be about 1200mb. The divx one comes about to be 1750mb! I need it under 1600 to make it on two CD's. Just wondering, why is there that much of a difference? I used the same template and there was only a 100mb difference to begin with?

11. Dela

hmmm, try in tmpgenc, clicking settings - advanced. tick the box beside source range. click move to start frame and click set start frame, click move to end frame and click set end frame. click ok. try encoding again

also you would need to re-encode to fix audio, ive never actually tried to fix audio with tmpgenc!