1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Create dvd menu

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by marrero66, Mar 15, 2007.

1. marrero66

marrero66 Member

Is it possible to take a movie trailer and converted to a dvd menu.i tried with convertxtodvd but only works with pictures as a backgrown.what im tryn to do is to convert the movie 300,to dvd and use the movie trailer as a backgrown,with motion,like the original dvds.

2. attar

attar Senior member

If you can extract the trailer to an MPEG file (say a 60 clip that you want as the background to the menu and which will loop) then try Tsunami DVD Author PRO
    http://www.afterdawn.com/guides/archive/tsunami_mpeg_dvd_author_pro_guide.cfm
    After the main movie is imported, at the Menu creation stage you can import a clip and test it at the simulation step.
    At that step there is a 'Preview Menu Motion' button that when activated shows you how the menu will look in real time.
    I think the program has a 14 day trial and is quite simple to execute.
    I used the technique with Voyager episodes where the opening fly-by and credits became the menu background and each episode (or track) had an animated button.The animation on the buttons is optional.