1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating 1 DVD with two 700 meg files

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by dxscso, Jan 16, 2007.

1. dxscso

dxscso Member

Ive tried searching for this but unable to find nething, if i missed somethign a link woudl be great.

I have one movie broken into 2 700 meg files. I would like to create one dvd but the two files are too large. What could i do or what can i use to combine the files and make them small enough to create 1 dvd> Thanks

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Don't understand why 2 x 700 Mb AVI files are too large for a dvd. A dvd5 holds 4.7 gb and a dvd9 holds 8.5 Gb. Use WinAVI to make 1 dvd out of them. Set the max size to 4.7 Gb if you are burning single layer or 8.5 Gb if you are burning dual layer.

3. dxscso

dxscso Member

Awesome thansk trying it right now

4. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd will do the trick for you

5. dxscso

dxscso Member

Alright i have tried both programs i was unable to burn the files that WinAVI made. When i tried it with ConvertXtoDvd it stopped when it wanted me to insert a blank CD. i put one in and then it pit it back out at me, didnt give ne kind of message. When i burned the files using NEro Recode it created the cd but it still shows the two files seperately on the dvd and will not play thoguth them both. it satop after the first one and goes back to the menu. What am i mesing up? Thanks

6. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

convertxtodvd will convert your avi files to vob complyment files and convretxtodvd will also burn them for you, you need a blank dvd not a cd, there might be something wrong with the avi files, you might run the files through g-spot and see what that tells you

7. dxscso

dxscso Member

I used ConvertXtoDVD and its placed both fiel son a dvd but they werent still seperate. I want them to be one file so the movie plays all the way through.

8. LucyShoes

LucyShoes Member

I too would like a dvd that is in 2 parts to be converted as 1 dvd...
    Convertxtodvd used to do this for me but now for some reason they convert & play as part1 and part2 which is not good...

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  9. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

First I convert my avis to mpeg2. Then I start TMPgenc DVD Author. I can import an mpeg2 file to a track. Then I import another mpeg2 file to that track. It's all in the documentation.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2007
  10. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

you must be doing something wrong if your movies are coming out as part 1 and part 2, are you selecting both files when it askes insert media files? also if the program was working great one day and then the next day it started messing up you might do a system restore to the day before it started messing up and that should fix everything, convertxtodvd2 is the best converter out there for the money

11. dubz

dubz Member

what i would try is to open up part one of the xvid file with virtual dub select "direct stream copy" from both the audio and video menus.

then go to file> append avi segment and open part 2 then "save as old format avi" this should join them to a 1400 mb file. then feed that into convertxtodvd and it should work.

if the joined xvid has out of sync audio then try it again with full processing mode on audio, and mp3 CBR 128 or so.