1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating a startup screen for ripped DVDs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by TapeWurm, Jul 14, 2003.

1. TapeWurm

TapeWurm Member

Hello.. This is my first post and I am still VERY new to the whole scene. I have searched a lot for the answer but can't find exactly what I'm looking for. My apologies if I overlooked it.
    I am currently making successful backups using DVDSHRINK with NERO or COPYTODVD to burn the files. When too much compression is needed, I use DVD X-Copy Xpress. Now, I prefer the DVDSHRINK method, as I hate the disclaimer Xpress puts on there. Plus, I like to get as much as I can since Xpress only takes the Main movie and audio.
    What I would like to do is to simply add a custom picture that will show briefly right before the movie starts to play. That's it! I have a custom pic with my tag that I would like to show right before the movie. I'm trying to avoid having to convert this and that or do anything too hard since I'm so new to this and am probably lucky to have all successful burns to this point.
    If anyone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it. And thanks so much to everyone here. This has been my number one resource for info since I got my burner (TDK DVD+R/+RW 420n... works great!!!) Again, thanks so much!

2. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

3. TapeWurm

TapeWurm Member

Thanks for the help Oriphus. I have played with the program quite a bit now and think I have it down very well. The only drawback to this program, that I can't seem to get around, is that it is not flexible at all with it's templates. For example, I copied Jaws to file using DVDshrink. I used these files with DVD author and made a great looking title screen using a Jaws background I found on the net. Author will only let you use the Play, Chapter, Menu buttons, etc, where it wants them placed. I would LOVE to just have this image show up for a few seconds and then go into the movie. Or, at most, have that image with a simple play button only on it to start the film. If only I could edit the template files or just move the damn buttons they give us around! Boy, it would be GREAT then!! But for now, all of the templates throw at least one button right in front of a key area of my graphic. I may seem whiny or picky, but I think most everyone loves to tailor these things to their wants/needs. I'm just not happy enough with the DVD starting right into the movie. OK... enuff crying. Any advise?

4. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Hi, you can choose different templates using that program. You can also add a video clip to the background in an mpeg format. If this doesnt help, pm me!