1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Creating Music DVD's - an easy way?

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by Jez, Oct 11, 2003.

1. Jez

Jez Guest

I'm trying to create my compilation of music videos onto DVD using a mixture of netdownloaded video files (mainly .mpg and .avi) and chapters I can rip from DVDs I own.

I'm using the Sonic MyDVD burning package, with came with my Sony DVD burner - as I find that very straight forward to use (Menu page with Chapters very easy). This package will accept .mpg and .avi files, but not .vob as far as i can make it.

Can anybody advise on the easiest way I can accomplish creating these compilations?

Eg I've not been able to find a DVD to AVI programme that gives me an .avi file with sound (does anybody know one?)

I'm currently generating .avi files from chapter-ripped .vobs using DVD2AVI and then merging the separate video and audio streams. Quite time consuming!

Thanks,

Jez

2. Discmania

Discmania Active member

Last edited: Oct 11, 2003
  3. Jez

Jez Guest

Thank you for the steer. Works well. Don't seem to be able to preserve the 5.1 info though - just stereo PCM.