1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cropping Divx 5 movies with V-Dub?

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by fireweed, Jun 11, 2003.

1. fireweed

fireweed Guest

For some reason I can't cut the credits to make my divx 5 movies fit on 80 min cd'swith Virtual Dub. Even though I can play divx 5 movies, (so I must have the right codec right?) It works fine for the Divx 3 & 4 movies, but when I try to use it for the Divx 5 ones, I get an error message saying "DX50 compressor not found". As far as I know I have the latest version 1.54.
    Can anyone help me out with this one?

2. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

do you have both divx 5 and 4 codecs installed on your computer? I think maybe virtualdub is having a conflict when choosing the needed decompressor where it chooses divx 4 instead of the divx 5 codec.

3. fireweed

fireweed Guest

well according to "TFO's Codec Finder", a.k.a. g-spot, My Divx 4 movies are using the codec file "divxc32f.dll" to play.
    If I remove it, will my divx 4 movies still play, and v-dub will search for the other codec instead?

4. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

What divx codecs do you have on your computer? you can check when you choose compression in vdub...which im sure you know already...im not sure what codec that is but try it and see what happens.

5. fireweed

fireweed Guest

Thanks for the advice & info, Poweredup, but I just ended up using easy video splitter.(just got ser#) It worked fine, even though in the preview window it was upside down & backwards..;')

6. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

thats cool glad everything worked out for you.