1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

CSS problems with IE7? Dreamweaver doesn't like it!

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by isaac4130, Mar 26, 2007.

1. isaac4130

isaac4130 Regular member

Hi,
    I am experimenting with creating my first website, using Dreamweaver 8.
    Having a few alignment probs with IE7 - when I design the page, just in the WYSIWYG format, using CSS, and then go to preview site in Firefox 2.0 - it works perfectly... the site matches exactly what is on my Dreamweaver page. However, when I go to preview in IE7, the alignment is all out.
    Any ideas to help resolve this? I really have no idea what I'm doing as far as web-authoring, it's just a shame because I know so many of the people out there will be using IE, so it seems silly to make it firefox specific.. but I'm having real issues! Maybe just a link at the bottom saying 'Site not displaying properly? Get Firefox!'...
    Any suggestions kind people?

2. The_Fiend

The_Fiend Guest

Well, this has been a problem since IE5 (if memory serves me right), and Microsoft, being the b@stards they are, refuse to fix this.
    One simple explanation found HERE describes part of it nicely.
    And there's Microsoft's TAKE on this, and there's a more detailed explanation HERE
    Bottom line, IE sucks.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2007