1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Curious on any NEWER dvd's not backing up right???

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by satb7783, Apr 25, 2005.

1. satb7783

satb7783 Member

I was reading a few months back on how a few new dvd's that just came out from Sony would not allow you to ack them up...I was just wondering if anyone knows of any other news ones out that have been like that? I know Forgotten and Resident Evil did it...any other new ones? Thanks!

2. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

some people have had problems with spanglish but i always get the new updates and not a problem yet with decrypter, shrink, and nero, never used anydvd like almost everybody else uses

3. Car.Mike

Car.Mike Active member

4. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Hi satb7783,

Since DVD Shrink won't be updated for the foreseeable future, the list of DVD's that Shrink cannot do will only become longer. For this reason I have begun re-doing my guides to suggest the following - Ripping with another program prior to using DVD Shrink.

My suggestions are:

The addition of DVD43 (free) which will currently rip approx 96% of all discs out there.
    OR,
    The addition of DVDD (Decrypter) (Free) which will currently rip approx. 98% of the discs out there
    OR,
    The purchase of AnyDVD. Free for a 21-day trial then, $29.99, which will rip 100% of the discs out there. Disc encryptions have been ripped then AnyDVD updated, a full day before the discs with those encryptions have been released. (Ain't technology wonderful ? ?)

Cheers,

Pete

5. satb7783

satb7783 Member

Thanks for everyones help!

6. Tim79

Tim79 Member

I have had problems with a few disks myself, the few that were mentioned and also Anacondas. I was able to rip anacondas to my hard drive but i am unable to bur the movie for some unknown reason. I had Any DVD running in the backround used DVD Decrypter but when i tried to open the file with shrink i encountered the following error.

DVD Shrink encountered an errorand cannot continue.
    Failed to open VTS_01_6.VOB.

I then went another way about opening the file with shrink. Tried opening the movie only and this worked but when i burned the movie the last 5 mins of the movie were in spanish.

I would also like to say that Scuba Pete is the man.
    As a newbie you have made ripping and burning disks easy for meand a whole lot or other people. Keep upthe brilliant work.

7. ScubaPete

ScubaPete Senior member

Thanks Tim,

Glad to be of help -

As for the files on your HD, what did you rip them with and what format ?

Pete