1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D.M.A where??

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by DOORMAN, Nov 28, 2002.

1. DOORMAN

DOORMAN Guest

i posted a topic called nero and was redirected to anothers problem, thanx but it aint what i need (i have my own thanx)
    i am useing xp pro so the advise that the other person was reciving wont work for me.
    i have been told about the dma transfer and to uncheck the box?? where is it in xp i know where it is in 98 98se 2000 but not in xp?
    this solved the problem in the other versions of windows but who knows where it is any help would be great, thanks again.

2. upallnigh

upallnigh Guest

YOU ENABLE DMA IN YOUR CDROM....BUT YOU MUST FIRST CHECK TO SEE YOUR DRIVE SUPPORTS IT (GOTO MANUFACTURERS SITE).......IF IT SUPPORTS IT THEN DO THE FOLLOWING To enable/disable DMA on Cdrom drivers, in Device Manager(Start/settings/control panel/system/device manager under the Cdrom Drive section, look at the cdrom drive psettings for the device installed and there is an option there to enable dma and thats it .......it will require a reboot....ok

3. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Right-click My Computer->Properties->Hardware->Device Manager->IDE Channels.