1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dashboard Problem!!!

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by mup263, Jun 13, 2007.

1. mup263

mup263 Member

I messed up my friend's chipped xbox with harddrive. I went from Avalaunch dashboard into Nexgen. From there i went into one of the file applications which showed the different HD partitions. I couldn't go back so i reseted the xbox. Now it starts up on NexGen and all of the options that were on the screen are no longer there. I can only select:

BIOS Info
    Reset
    Reboot

I can still switch the chip off to go to the original MS xbox dashboard. I'm not sure what to do and I don't have the money to pay him back for messing up his xbox. Please Help!

2. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

Slayers v2.7 boot disck. Just re-install the correct Dash.

OR

AID v4.0 (Probably a better option) and you can choose your dash and many other fantastic options!

3. OzMick

OzMick Guest

Probably a better idea yet is to just see if you can still connect via FTP, and if you can, 'fess up to your friend. If he did the mod himself he probably knows how everything was set up, can fix it in no time and won't be a big issue. If I were your friend, I'd be more p***ed of if you did more damage in trying to fix the damage, such as deleting save games, music, games etc...

Honesty might be the best policy here dude, you obviously haven't broken the chip or erased the MS dash, you might have just corrupted an ini file.

4. mup263

mup263 Member

I can't connect the system via FTP b/c i do not know the IP for the xbox. NEXGEN does not display it anywhere. Is there anyway to figure that out?

A buddy of mine looked at the system and tried using the Slayer Boot Disk and he said nothing came up. Is he doing something wrong

My friend knows that i messed it up and he dosen't know how to fix it either. Any other tips or links will be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help so far.

5. OzMick

OzMick Guest

You'll need to make sure the chip is turned on first. Then turn the console on with the disc in the drive, it should just boot straight up. I've never used Slayers, so I can't comment on what you can and can't do with it, all I know is it can format drives, and (used to) be a big download, so I went the manual way of installing a bigger drive.

The way I used to go was to make a bootdisc with Xecuter dash on it. Doesn't need to be anything fancy menu wise, just quickly go over the ini files to make sure it is sensible, then burn it onto a CD-RW or a blank DVD. Needs to be a R/W CD, xbox can't read normal blanks, and the R/W lets you try as many times as you like if it don't work. Xecuter just makes the IP address clearly visible, it should probably work with any other dash, such as Avalaunch too I imagine. Instructions for making a boot disc should be easily Googled.

If you can get FTP access, you can just look on the root C: directory, identify the dash configuration files and the .xbe, modify or update as necessary.

If they have a Xenium chip, you can also FTP directly into the modchip OS, or even browse directly through Windows Explorer. Been a couple years since I had to troubleshoot an Xbox now, sorry if I'm a bit vague.

6. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

If it's chipped it WILL boot slayers. Either the Slayer you have doesn't work or you're doing something wrong! Are you sure it's chipped, not Softmodded?

7. mup263

mup263 Member

yeah i'm positive that it's chipped with xecuter 2.6 lite. My friend must be doing it wrong. I'll definitely pick it up from him and try myself. Thanks for all the help so far. I'll keep you guys posted.

8. mup263

mup263 Member

The Slayer Boot Disk worked. Thanks to everyone that replied you guys saved my pocket$.

9. chunkhead

chunkhead Regular member

No problems, that's why we're here!