1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.dat files

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by zatzteve, Feb 27, 2005.

1. zatzteve

zatzteve Member

I have some DVD's that were made for me but they are not being recognised when I open them to edit scenes in DVD shrink 3.2. The dvd's work in the dvd player but theonly way I can view them on the PC is if I specifically choose what programe to open them with (by right clicking over a .dat file and selecting open with windows media player or power dvd)

The movie files are .dat and not .VOB, .IFO or .BUP .

I am no longer in contact with the person who did these dvd's for me so any help would be apreciated.
    Thanks

2. JXP2307

JXP2307 Regular member

Are you sure it is a DVD and not a VCD? (Video CD)

There are some good programs out there that convert VCD to DVD format(.VOD, .AVI ect)

ImToo DVD ripper 2.0 should do the job.

Hope this helps.

3. zatzteve

zatzteve Member

Yes I think it is VCD. I downloaded ImToo DVD ripper 2.0 but it does not recognise the files on the disk.

Any other software out there that can convert VCD to DVD files?

Thanks
    steve

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear zatzteve,
    1) Some programs (e.g. DVDSanta, Nero) can work with dats directly, tho' not all of the time.
    2) When they don't work, you may first convert the dats into mpegs with programs like VCD Gear, then burn away. VCD Gear is a nice, free program downloadable from here:
    http://www.vcdgear.com/
    Happy DVD burning!