1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Data connection

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by omronguru, Aug 23, 2004.

1. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Hi, have a motorola V525, have purchased a USB data cable but cannot get the pc to talk to it to upload and download images, get a message regarding a problem with an invalid HASP, from what I can find out this is some sort of security protocol but I have tried downloading from various locations to no avail, any suggestions would be gratefully received.#
    Thanx in anticipation.

2. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

3. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Thanks for that, unfortunately it loads so fast I cannot see where it has loaded the drivers so still cant setup the connection. I have tried it on two machines, one running XP professionalwith service pack 1a and the second a windows 2000 professional neither of which wanna work.
    Thanks for taking the time to respond, any other info would be great.

4. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

This might be what you want if you dont want to download what you want through your network.
    http://www.mob453.com/phones/motorola_v600/
    I would do it without the sim card installed. Make sure you write down all your contact information beforehand! "Warning" This will void your warranty if that is a consideration.

5. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Thanx for that, I finally resolved it and found the prob yesterday by following the link from your previous link, it took me to a spanish site called motclub where I got the driver I need, I then upgraded by version of Mobile phone tools from the BVRP website and now I can connect. Though gotta admit not as nice as the interface and utils available on my daughters NEC phone!!
    Thanks for all your help!!

6. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

OmronGuru,
    Just wanted to delve into a little more detail. The link I supplied is for a V600. Internally the V525 and V600 are both the same, differences being the V600 has Video Clip playback with sound:
    MPEG4 & H.263 Capabilities 3gp with AMR-NB audio
    Video Download via WAP & MMS, it also includes Situational Exterior lighting. But it’s just an upgrade in software not internal hardware differences. If you just want to enable communications to both devices follow the guide through to installation of p2kman_pst.zip and you should have connectivity. I just went one step further to find you a link that enabled you to update your software to V600 functionality. "For any other forum members having questions I would suggest that you also include your mobile service providers name as that can help in resolving issues from those who know allot more than I". If this worked for you please reply so moderator can close this thread. Good Luck!

7. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Hi, Thanx for that, just slightly worried about the warranty issue, must admit surprised to find that the only difference is software though as quite a price difference, maybe I should give it a go, does it cause any issues depending on network? will I have to reinput my MMS and WAP settings as if a v600? Must admit was a little peeved that I had to change to vodaphone network to use the v525 fully, but picked it up for really good price at the time! You obviously have a good background knowledge on these mobiles, presumably you work in the industry!

8. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

OmronGuru,
    I'm happy that your problem was solved. But if your happy with Vodafone then don’t worry about updating the software, until you leave them and need to unlock it. Unless of course you could use the video capabilities. You know the old saying "if it isn't broke, don’t fix it". Good Luck!

9. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

i have gotten a data cable from a friend. I have a motorola T720. The cable fits perfectly into my phone. My comp recognizes the new hardware found..but I need a software or something to help me transfer ringtones, wallpapers, etc etc, to my phone. Any help. I only have this cable for 1 day. Plz any help?

10. omronguru

omronguru Guest

Try downloading BVRP's mobile phone tools, I found v2.21 works well, as for drivers try Http://www.motclub.com although in spanish the link to drivers is on left side and easy to find what your looking for. I found mine there recently after following GeeDaddys link mentioned above which redirected me to this site!! Good Luck

11. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

i went to the drivers section, but I don't know which 1 to install. can u please help me with this or can u plz pm me the direct link.

12. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

XMan2004,
    OmronGuru steered you in the right direction. Try this: http://www.motclub.com/html/programs.htm
    Download Motorola Mobile Phone Tools and you should be well on your way. If you still need a USB driver click here: http://www.motclub.com/html/drivers.htm
    Istall the P2K Driver. Here is another link that has everything you might need and can also help others: http://www.siterocks.com/Default.aspx?tabid=29
    Let us know how everything comes out.

P.S. If ever you come across another page you cant decipher use this to translate: http://babelfish.altavista.com/
    just copy the address and paste it in the "translate a web page" box.

13. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

hey GeeDaddy....i went to the second site u gave me..the non spanish one, and I downloaded Motorola Mobile phone tools 1.23c & also P2K driver 2.3....are these the neccessary components that I need. What is the driver for? And will this "motorola phone tools" thing let me transfer ringtones and pics via a data cable. Also..does this involve me flashing or flexing my phone? Please some more help on this one. Would be greatly appreciated..
    Also..i'm trying to install the driver, but I don't know which application to install..

_X_X_X_X_X_[small]V7 PS2
    SwapMagic w/ Slide Card, CD Loader
    HP DVD Writer 420i
    Maxell DVD-R
    DVD Decrypter, Nero, DVD Shrink, Alcohol 120%[/small]

Last edited: Aug 29, 2004
  14. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

ok well actually..this is what happened...i still dont know what the driver is for. I just downloaded it from the website, but I don't know how to install it. There are different files and none of them say setup. They're all either note pad or a motclub img. Anyways..I downloade Motorla Mobile Phone tools, and got it to work, but I dont know how to transfer images or ringtones...plz can u help me on this...plz..i need 2 return the cable to my friend in a few hrs...can some1 plz gimme a step by step walkthrough, on how to transfer ringtones & wallpapers or images to my phone...ok well im updating this now. i cannot by any means install the ps2 driver, instead i installed the motorola usb modem driver, and I dont know where it is, or what it does. it said thhat it was installed fine, but wut does it do? and i need these ringtones and wallpapers....cmon plz....can some1 reply..ive been waiting 4ever
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V7 PS2
    HP DVD Writer 420i
    Maxell DVD-R

15. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

16. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

this is really pissing me off now! i did everything u said. installed the upgrade first, then the usb driver. i get into the multimedia centre, and try to transfer a ringtone or an image. The image has to be GIF...so i find one, and try to put it on. An error message comes up saying "request denied by phone, unknown response 0x100" before i tried synching my calendar & phone book, and it worked. after i get the message, i cant sync anything. I dont know what the bloody hell is going on. I'm so freaken pissed off rite now. Can any1 plz help me. I'm supposed to return this cable 2 my friend very soon. PLZ I NEED SOME HELP!!!

17. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

XMan2004,
    If you got it to sync the calendar & phone book then at least they are talking fine to each other. The errors lead me to think that you might be out of room? Check to see how much room you have left, and maybe delete any ringtones or images that you dont like or use. Hopefully that is it. Also before trying again shut your phone down and boot it back up. Good luck!

18. Xman2004

Xman2004 Regular member

how can i be out of room, if im not able to put ringtones or wallpapers onto my phone in the first place. the only things that I have r the default settings from motorola, and they cant be deleted. I dont know the solution to this problem at all. i'm soo stressed out rite about now. i think i might just give up on this thing. update: i tried it with my dads v300, and it worked perfect. could this be a compatibilty issue. i thought mobile phone tools was for everything...and it DOES sync my calender & contacts..just not ringontes & pics...plz I need some help..and dont just agree with my theory about the compatibility..thnks
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]V7 PS2
    HP DVD Writer 420i
    Maxell DVD-R

19. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member

XMan2004,
    I thought you might be running out of room available on your phone, figuring that you had already downloaded stuff from your provider. It sounds like your through Verizon who locks your phone to only accept ring tones, etc. through WAP. BVRP software might be able to get around it because Motorola Phone Tools doesn’t seem up to the task. See if you can find a free download and try that 1st. Otherwise to do what you want will require flashing your phone, which you could use firmware up to T731c I believe. If you find a link please post it to help others

20. GeeDaddy

GeeDaddy Member