1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dazzle & Nero Compatibility...

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by doodaa, Dec 7, 2004.

1. doodaa

doodaa Member

I purchased the Dazzle DVC 80, and Nero Ultra over the weekend... my problem is when I try to import analog video into my computer through the DVC 80 using Nero, I get a great picture, but no sound... I have gone through my troubleshooting list, so I'm just wondering if there is a compatibility issue with the two products?

P.S.: I know the Nero applications are working fine, since I imported video from my Sony miniDV through a firewire connection, and the video and sound were great...

Any help will be greatly appreciated...

2. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Yes, this was a known issue, but should be resolved in our latest Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.14

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

3. polly2005

polly2005 Guest

I have Dazzle DVC 150 and have not been able to capture analog using Nero - no picture, no sound. I've been limping through the process using Pinnacle software to capture and then importing into Nero for editing/burning.

In light of the many problems that have been posted for Nero Vision Express 3.0.1.14, I am reluctant to jump into the update. Further info/help on this issue would really be appreciated.

4. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I'm hoping we will soon post a new release of NVE3 that adds support for a number of new Capture Devices, and quite a number of them are Dazzle devices that I had found issues with and had sent on to Germany to have our Engineers add support for.

As soon as this new NVE3 is released, I will post the information on this forum. We will also update our list of supported capture devices on our Nero website at the same time. I had hoped to have these devices supported quite some time ago, but for reasons I am not aware of, this kept being put on the backburner.

Sorry for the delay.

Regards,

Craig
    Ahead Software
    USA

5. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Craig, will you tell the people at Ahead to do something so that you can move "static" and "fade in/out" text, anywhere in a frame, when you are editing video clips? Currently, if you add those 2 types of text to a clip, it sits smack dab in the middle of the frame, and you can't move it. You can, with other types of texts.

6. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hey, that sounds like a feature request! :)

I soooo prefer those to bug reports.

Done. Your Feature request has been entered into our system. :)

Regards

Craig

7. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Thanks Craig. It is such a basic feature, I was confused when I received an e-mail saying that it could not be done right now. The rest of the different types of text can be moved, but I don't use fly-in text, etc. much when editing.

8. jphilips

jphilips Member

Any updates coming soon in regards to Nero Vision Express supporting the Dazzle DVC 150? I just downloaded the latest updates (v3.1.0.0) but still get a message when I launch NVE stating that there are no supported capture devices on my system.

Kind regards.

9. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

Hi JPilips,

We are taking steps in this area to bring this issue under control. The support for capture devices have not been given the priority they should have been. :-(
    But that is changing. I can not say what is changing in this area, but very soon this will be given a very high priority but it's requiring a change in resource organization. Once that change occurs, you will see a dramatic change in capture card support in our software.

I just wish it did not take so long to decide to make these changes, and even more regretable is the fact that these changes are needed to begin with.

I hope to know more next week as to when we can expect these changes to take affect.

Regards,

Craig
    Nero Inc
    USA

10. knicks0

knicks0 Member

Hey Craig,
    I've also been constantly checking this page for an update for Nero to support Dazzle DVC 150. Let us know when it's available. Thanks.