1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dbox 2 won't reboot

Discussion in 'Digital TV - United States & Canada' started by hedonaut, Jul 9, 2007.

1. hedonaut

hedonaut Member

Folks, I've had my nokia dbox2 for a while now and I have been running commando 6 successfully until today. I was playing around with the VLC streaming settings via the http interface and did a reboot. Now when I try to turn the box on I get the commando splash screen then the Image Info is printed but then the box simply freezes for about 10 seconds and shuts off. I don't know what to do since I can't flash the box when it won't boot up.

Has anyone come across this before?

2. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

You may have filled the memory to the absoloute max
    Reflash is the only way now with ifa

3. Fekker

Fekker Regular member

Bigdunc is correct in that you need to re-flash the image. It's one of the settings you changed that the box doesn't like. Next time change one setting at a time & reboot to see which one it was so to avoid it in the future.

4. hedonaut

hedonaut Member

Thanks folks, I'll try the reflash using IFA, will that allow me to apply the image without booting the box?

5. dbox2beg

dbox2beg Member

I don't know what you mean by this.

If you follow several guides on how to flash using an IFA, it will requires a connection to a PC, and ultimately the DBox needs to be switched on several times.

6. hedonaut

hedonaut Member

Cheers guys, got my hands on a nullmodem cable and IFA which allowed me to flash it without booting.

7. bigdunc

bigdunc Regular member

Nice one mate
    would you care to ellaborate a bit more to help newcomers thanx ..........Paul