1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DC-VCD (.dat) to VCD problem

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by saulat_99, Dec 8, 2004.

1. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I have a series of anime on cd that plays on dreamcast. I am not sure if the proper term is DC-VCD. Well anyway, I don't have a dreamcast any longer and have been converting these files to vcd. The file extension shown on the computer are .DAT. TMPEnc did not accept the files and was forced to close when I tried dragging and dropping. I have been using Panasonic MPEG 1 encoder and am up to ep 19. When I try to encode ep 19 it says I have no disk space and that there are 22 gigs of free space (correct) but that I need something ridiculous around 2 1/2 terabytes.

2. saulat_99

saulat_99 Regular member

I realized two things.

1. An inconsiderate stupid member can easily clog up the forums with easily answered questions.

2. The panasonic encoder listed 431739902 as the number of frames of video for the ep. I am going to try encoding up to a point but I am not sure how it will turn out. I may be in the market for a new encoder that can handle these or this file.