1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Deactivating Firmware with original disk

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by harkkam, Feb 15, 2008.

1. harkkam

harkkam Member

Im thinking about updating the Firmware for my xbox 360 but before I go ahead and do that I am really concerned about being banned from Xbox live.

I know that if I try and log into xbox live with a changed firmware then xbox live will ban my xbox forever.

But is there a way that this firmware would be deactivated when a original disk is put in?

Like the NME 2.0 Chip, that I heard will deactivate itself when an original disk is put inside it. So this way you are not banned from xbox live.

But suppose I put an original disk into an xbox that has the modded firmware that has not been deactivated. Xbox live will detect a change in firmware nonetheless and ban me original disk or not.

What I want to do is play xbox live with the original disk that I own and just play the backups when I want to.

So is there a way to turn the hacked firmware off and on via software or would I need to buy a modchip for that?

2. DLyon4

DLyon4 Regular member

Harkkam you posted this in the xbox softmodding section, you might get better luck in the xbox360 section.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2008