1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dead links??

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by Oriphus, Jul 23, 2003.

1. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

2. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Good way to promote your page.
    I actually went throught it. I am at this moment using Windows 2000, Explore 6.0.2800.1106 and the e-mail and About tabs don't work. All the tabs or links open in new windows and it frezes on me after entering the tested media secion. I blame Microsoft, If netscape worked correctly I could tell you if any differences. But this hospital runs some Nescape 4.8 hack that "works" on the network. Yes works on network, but not as a browser.

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

4. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

That link was good. But why does it change on this thread after I click it. To you have the web address posted on the thread linked to the user cache?
    Hopefully your head doesn't hurt. LOL

5. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Me head doesn't hurt thanks lol ;-)

Im not sure why it is not working, i have a piece of code on the main page that should be flushing the cache on your computer every 30 mins or so. Try going to http://www.chrismccann.co.uk/index.htm and see if there is a problem with that. There are a few people who have reported dead links. I need to get the email and and about tabds working. I also thought i had addressed the new window issue, i know about the home button doing it, but are there others?

Your help is much appreciated.

6. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

It kind of funny, I click through your tabs and the first time they open in new windows. But then after going through once all the tabs then, they open in same window. Also if you click on software tab it will go to a /downloads page some times and to a /software page other times. And when I came back to this tread to type in the message the web link changes to a long string, but now after typing for x mins its back to normal.

7. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

The software tab works by the first time it opens in same window with /dvd_downloads, but if you click back and try to reenter the tab it sends me to /software, which provides an error page. So after visiting software tab once, I can't get back to it, unless I open it in a new window.

8. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

oh dear...that seems quite messed up. I think its a combination of crappy IE and the fact that my server runs linux with bad compatibility with Frontpage server extensions.

Thanks for your info ;-)

9. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Now tested with Netscape 7.02
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.0.2) Gecko/20030208 Netscape/7.02

That when click on the top tabs all open in new windows and the software tab the first time lead me to the /software error page, but after moving through other pages and tring again sent me to the correct /dvd_download page. But if you click it a second time it sends me tothe /software error page.

10. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

I am going to try and get it sorted today. cheers mate