1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DELETED XBOXDASH.XBE

Discussion in 'Xbox - Hardware boot discussion' started by Dgie0814, May 4, 2005.

1. Dgie0814

Dgie0814 Guest

I have just deleted the xboxdash.xbe(my orginal m$ dashboard) before i was able to copy the file over FTP......but somehow i am able to use the FTP still....so if someone could please send me a copy of their xboxdash.xbe that would be great.....or help to find one...thank you

send to Dgie0814@brockport.edu

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

pull one off an autoloader

Last edited: May 4, 2005
  3. Dgie0814

Dgie0814 Guest

How would i do that??.....kinda noob at this

4. Dgie0814

Dgie0814 Guest

I would like step by step instructions or links if possible....thank you

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

If you can still ftp into your box,just setup your dash so that it won't boot up a disk when it's placed into your box. Then ftp into the box and search in the D drive. Once you find the file you need ftp it to your pc and then back into your xbox.

OR

You could try to use the 'rebuild ms dashboard' feature that is on some autoloaders.

6. Dgie0814

Dgie0814 Guest

Sorry I really have no idea on what you are saying.....I am a noob...and I can't get.....this must be annoying for you but help me please....thank you

7. punqewe

punqewe Active member

OK,you said you can still FTP into your box....do that.

next you want to put an autoloader disk into your xbox dvd tray and close the tray. If the xbox doesn't boot to thew disk automaticly,it's set right. If it does boot to the disk,go into your dashbioard settings and change that feature.

now with the disk in the tray and you ftp connected,explore to the D drive,this is the dvd drive of the xbox. In here you will go through the folders and files till you find the 'missing xboxdash.xbe file' and you will transfer it to your pc.

now still in the ftp program...explore in your xbox to where the file is supossed to go and transfer it (the file you transfered from your xbox dvd drive) from your pc back into your xbox.

REBOOT

8. Dgie0814

Dgie0814 Guest

What would be a good autoloader for this.....since i have now idea which is good....thank you

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Slayer's 2.6