1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Denon 2805 Zone Two Questions / Troubleshooting

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by PhilBrndn, Feb 18, 2005.

1. PhilBrndn

PhilBrndn Member

Hi All!

I'm a newbie here, and I'm struggling with a strange problem. I have a Denon AVR-2805 receiver that I have set up for two zones. For some reason, I am only getting sound out of one speaker (the Right) in the second zone. I have tried hooking up both sets of speakers to the Right channel in the second zone, and both work when hooked up to that channel. However, when I hook either one of the speakers up to the Left channel in the second zone, I get no output whatsoever.

Is there some configuration that I am missing? Is there something I can do to turn on/off the Right or Left speakers in Zone 2 that I might have pressed accidentally?

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

Thanks!!!

-Phil

2. ghost640

ghost640 Member

Wow, that's an odd problem! I can see not getting output to a surround speaker, but usually when you have a left, you also have a right...

I don't have a good answer, but I do have marginal one - can you get both speakers to activate if you call them "Surround Backs" rather than zone 2? (These are the same connections with different names). I'm trying to rule out the fact that maybe you have a bad connection in those output terminals.

Good luck, keep us posted!