1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Did a hardmod by the book... now what do I do?

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by howareyou, Feb 7, 2007.

1. howareyou

howareyou Member

someone help please. I modded my xbox with xecuter 3ce last night... looks like everythings fine because when i turn it on it says flashbios, and other stuff so everything looks like its operating just fine.

so now what exactly should i do?... there's just so many threads in this forum i just get confused in them. thanks.

2. TravDude

TravDude Member

Your next step is to flash the chip with your bios of choice. You might also want to download the newest version of the Auto Installer Deluxe disc, I think that it has a lot of nice utilities (i.e. dvd2xbox, media center, emulators, hdd tools, etc).

Some great sites with walk thorughs and tutorials:

http://xbox-hq.com
    http://www.xbox-modchips.com
    http://www.xbox-scene.com

Hope this helps!

3. howareyou

howareyou Member

doesn't the x3ce already come with bios pre-flashed? thats what i heard. How do I choose which bios i should flash?

4. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

here
    is everything you need just follow the instructions

If I were you I would flash by disk its easier

You're going to have to look for the bios though

Last edited: Feb 7, 2007
  5. howareyou

howareyou Member

ok i have another problem now... as you already know i installed x3ce with the bank selector on my v1.4 xbox... yesterday i got my hands on m8 plus bios (not the 1.6 ones)... i tried to flash it using the guide from the post above... and the result is pretty strange... it flashed like it's supposed to like first there was the yellow line then the green and then the xbox shut down like it says was supposed to happen.

now though, when i try to turn it on... it turns on for a second, the light above the bank switches goes red then after a split second it turns blue and then the xbox shuts down... a split second later it boots up once more and does the same thing... and then, it turns on, bank selector light goes blue and the cd eject button (the big one in the middle of xbox) begins to blink red and green... and im not getting any visuals on my tv... anybody know what the problem could be? is there a way i could start the flashing process over?

EDIT: ok nvm... still dont know what i did wrong but i managed to install x3_3284... aaaand yeah. So what should i do next?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  6. zooom1834

zooom1834 Regular member

try switching the bank back to the original and see what happens

7. howareyou

howareyou Member

no worries i dont know what the hell did wrong before but i have managed to flash the x3_3284 bios to the chip... when i start it up everything works flawlessly there's a menu and everything...

the only problem is i dont know what to do next... is it time to install this "dashboard"?

btw i'm also planning on upgrading the hard drive... do i do that before or after the dashboard installation, and most importantly how?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2007
  8. steimy

steimy Active member

go to a torrent site and download Slayer 2.7 Final
    Then you will mosy likely have to extract the downloaded files with Winrar and you should get an ISO file
    Burn this to DVD

at this point you have 2 option.
    1. first install a new hard drive and dump the useless 8GB one that it comes with. Then format and install programs
    http://www.teammodders.com/forum/how-to-install-a-new-hdd-and-format-it-using-slayers-2-6-t672.html

2. leave in the stock HDD and just copy the programs from Slayer 2.7

Slayer 2.7 will have all the dashboards, programs, emulators and roms, and other goodies that you will need.

9. howareyou

howareyou Member

stiemy thanks a lot man... ive got the whole thing up and running now...

one question though.... is it possible for the xbox to boot to the dashboard right away rather than booting to the bios menu?