1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

disc not found / insert disc error

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by fosh, Mar 6, 2003.

1. fosh

fosh Member

here's the situation:

i have two games, sim city 4 and master of orion 3, in bins and cues. i've mounted both using alcohol and have successfully installed them. i can play sim city with no problem with this method. when i mount the play disc for master of orion, the autorun menu pops up and everything is fine until you click 'play game' at which point you are asked to insert the disc.

for some reason, i figured that making a hard copy would help me. of course, it didn't. can anyone shed some light as to why this is happening?

thanks in advance,
    fosh

2. fosh

fosh Member

3. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Sim City 4 is Safedisc 2.8.x cd protected& Master Of Orien is the newest SecuROM 4.8.3 cd protected. SecuROM 4.8.3 is one of the toughest cd protections at present, and depending on the brand name of your burner will determine if you can make backups. If you had no trouble with Sim City 4 emulating the image with Alcohol120%, then you "might" have success making a backup using this program. Let me know what brand name burner and nodel you own and I'll get back to you on this thread.
    How many files for Sim City 4 (bin& cue)?
    How many files for Master Of Orien (bin& cue)

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2003
  4. fosh

fosh Member

thanks shoey.

2 bins and cues for each game (there are 2 cds for both of them). my burner.. well um it was a christmas present and i have no doubt that it's really cheap. it doesn't have a label or anything on the outside and no brandname is visible.

let's rule out making a hard copy for the moment, because i suspect my burner can't handle it. why am i having problems with the mounted version?

5. Shoey

Shoey Guest

You should create backups should your pc crash. What operating system are you currenlt running?

Shoey

6. fosh

fosh Member

windows xp.

7. Shoey

Shoey Guest

Right click My Computer>Properties>Hardware tab folder. Now click the Device manager and click the + beside DVD/CD-Rom. You will see your burner there. Also click the + beside IDE/ATA/Atapi>click primary ide channel>properties>advanced settings and enable dma mode (device 0& 1). Repeat that process for the Secondary IDE channel. Go here and download BlindWrite 4.25 (best for securom 4.8.x)
    http://forum.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?s=67fb4ec2c7c9ae828dd314955fe3767d&threadid=61418

Shoey

8. fosh

fosh Member

that's great and all but it's not what i want to do. all i am looking to do is get the game working and burning a backup won't help me if the backup doesn't work.

how could burning a securom backup help me if the image file itself won't work? the image is just an exact copy of another securom cd, so... sorry but i do not follow you. i am not trying to be difficult, but i think you're misunderstanding me.

still perplexed,
    fosh

Last edited: Mar 6, 2003
  9. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I would tell you why the iso of SecuROM 4.8.x isn't working by emulation, but since your really not that interested in knowing how to get around this, I guess this is your loss m8.

Shoey

10. .X.

.X. Member

(Erase)

Last edited: Mar 8, 2003
  11. aldaco12

aldaco12 Active member

OK .X. since it's your first visit I suggest you to read forum rules.
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/2487

We never talk of cracks, since that stuff is illegal and against this forum's philosophy. We only help people making backups of their legally owned CDs.

BTW, an answer yo your post: if the protection lies in the installation program you cannot use any crack because this usually can be done only after a successful installation.

In order to backup protected CDs you need very advanced software like Alcohol 120% and BlindWrite (the best so far), Clone CD (former TOP software, now miserably fallen into 3rd position) and so on. Read the proper threads on the main page to learn how to do that... for instance start reading here:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/23699

Last edited: Mar 8, 2003
  12. Shoey

Shoey Guest

moo3? What game title are you talking about?
    If it's Master of Orion, the game is SecuROM 4.8.x and the only program to successfully back up this game is BlindWrite Suite (preferably 4.25 version). Other programs can make backups, but emulation is needed (Alcohol 120%) for example.

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 8, 2003
  13. .X.

.X. Member

Sorry all, about my first post. Like I said, it was late and I basically stumbled right into this forum by fluke. Didn't realize the protocols and such and I also didn't mean to offend anyone.

Ok with that out of the way, I have been doing alot of reading in various topics and there is some awesome and really darn helpful information here you guys. Tis a cool place.

"Shoey" If you are still around I would like to ask you something. I found a thread where you listed a bunch of CD-burners that were capable of burning through SecuRom and safeguards and whatnot. While a few "LG" cd writers "were" in the list, my specific one was not. Do you by chance know the capabilities of my burner? (LG GCE-8481B)
    Until then I will continue cruising and reading around here. Thanks alot.

14. Shoey

Shoey Guest

X,
    To the best of my knowledge, your LG (LuckyGoldstar) is considered a "2 sheep burner". Basically this means your writer can write regular bit patterns correctly(EFM Encoding). Having a writer than can "write regular bit patterns correctly", one needs a "2 sheep burner" to make backups of the latest cd protection called Safedisc 2.5.1-2.8.x. As far as backing up SecuROM 4.8.x cd protection, reports at the other forums I visit show "1 sheep" (writes regular bit patterns almost correctly") have been successfull backing up the latest SecuROM 4.8.x cd protection. In short, your LG should handle both current versions with no problems BUT both Macrovision (Safedisc) and Sony DAC (SecuROM) continualy update these cd protections. We can back up both cd protections to date, but we might not be able to backup updated versions in the near future.

EFM Encoding explained: http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Articles/Specific.asp?ArticleHeadline=Writing+Quality&index=11

Supported cdrw's for CloneCD: Use this guide to see if your burner has "2 sheep, or 1 sheep(EFM encoding):http://elby.ch/english/products/clone_cd/writers/a.html

If you own a "2 sheep burner" and you're backing up Safedisc 2.8.x using CloneCD, it is possible your backup WON'T work.Reports at other forums I visit show certain LiteON models a failure backing up Safedisc 2.8.x using CloneCD. It's a "hit and miss" using CloneCD but Alcohol 120% and other "combo sofware" will get the job done.
    Some software reported to backup Safedisc 2.8.x: Paddus DiscJuggler, BurnAtOnce, DiscDump& FireBurner, CloneCD (read image ONLY).

Safedisc 2.8.x; Use Alcohol 120% latest version
    SecuROM 4.8.x: Use BlindWrite Suite 4.25 (NOT latest version)

Shoey

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2003
  15. .X.

.X. Member

Thanks abunch for the heads up, info and links Shoey. Very appreciated.

Take it easy.

16. Shoey

Shoey Guest

yqw X :)

Shoey

17. zot

zot Guest

hello , can anyone tell me why blindwrite 4.25 is better than the latest version to back up 4.8x securom games

and I have a problem ; I succesfully backed up this game named praetorians with a securom 4.8x protection with blindwrite te latest version ( and my reader couldn't read the sub data how is this possible) and I tested the game and it worked fine ( I played on it fotr about an hour) , but now it take 2 full min after I put the copy in the drive to start or it doesn't start at all , and I didn't change anything on my comp , can anybody HEEEEEEEEELP ME , i'm desperate ( after so many failures the copy it I thought I succeded but noooooo , helppppppppppppp

18. Shoey

Shoey Guest

BlindWrite 4.25 is considered the more recommended version compared to the latest BlindWrite release. Many who backup SecuROM 4.8.x using BlindWrite 4.25 like the option in the write process (enable bwa file) where you won't find this option in the BlindWrite later releases. I too have tested the latest release backing up UT 2003 and the latest release was a success, but I too prefer the BlindWrite 4.25 release simply because for backing up Safedisc 2.8.x, I have the ability to "enhance weak sectors" for "1 sheep burners" (cdrw's that write regular bit patterns [bold]almost [/bold] correctly). If your [bold]reader(DVD\CD-Rom) [/bold] can't read sub-q data/audio then try your[bold] cdrw [/bold]. This [bold]is [/bold] needed for backing up SecuROM.

Shoey :)

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2003
  19. zot

zot Guest

thx this was allready very helpful :))))) , I will now try to read it with my cdrw, I post another message this afternone if it worked or not..
    by the way
    which program is the best program( capabel) for making back ups (1:1) of securom 4.8x and safedisc 2.8 ? ( blindwrite?,alcohol 120%?,cloneCd? ) because on different forums they say blabla clonecd doesnt work blabla blindwrite isnt good but on other forums the say the exact opposite and on the official sites of those programs they al say they can??

20. Shoey

Shoey Guest

SecuROM 4.8.x:
    1) BlindWrite 4.25
    2) CloneCD\TwinPeak Tool

Safedisc 2.8.x
    1) Paddus DiscJuggler (2 sheep burners only)
    2) Alcohol 120%
    Others:BlindeWrite 4.25 DiscDump& FireBurner, BurnAtOnce, CloneCD.

Shoey :)