1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disc written in CDRW drive doesn't read in CDR drive

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by pscraja, Mar 14, 2003.

1. pscraja

pscraja Guest

Using the latest nero burn and InCD, atlast I could format the CDRW disc. After copying the files in the so called 'large floppy', I am able to read in the drive in which it was cut. When I put the disc in the CDR drive, it doesn't read.
    Nor it reads in any other CDRW drives.

Can anyone help?

2. cd-rw.org

cd-rw.org Active member

Any other drive, or any other computer?

You need the InCD software, or the lighter reader-only software, to the PC:s you want use your discs in.

3. pscraja

pscraja Guest

I have both neroburn as well as InCD the latest versions installed in my machine and using that I did the formatting in the first place and copied the files using copy/paste commands. When I transfer the disc to CDR drive it doesn't read.

After inserting in the CDR drive, when I put the disk back in the CDRW drive, it does not respond.

The other machine in which I tried was also having the same Nero burn and InCD softwares installed.

I think I have explained my problem correctly.

4. Shoey

Shoey Guest

I haven't used a cdrw in over a year, or Ahead InCD. if you format a cdrw and store files on it then wan't to put in a dvd\cd-rom, I'm quite sure you have to "close" the cdrw with the packet write software.

Shoey

5. Racemann

Racemann Regular member

You need a InCD UDF reader installed in order to read a InCD formatted disks on other optical drives.

Goto www.ahead.com and look in the downloads section, you'll find it there.