1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dish network question

Discussion in 'Receivers and amplifiers' started by techbud, May 17, 2007.

1. techbud

techbud Member

Every morning when i first turn on the tv, the screen is black with the Dish network logo as a screen save type thing. Why does it do that? Plus, if i were to record something overnight, such as a tv show or a movie, would that logo still pop up and mess up my recording?

2. david66

david66 Regular member

the screensaver on dish network will only appear if nothing is being recorded it usualy comes on at 3 am i would call dish network and check on the problem

3. techbud

techbud Member

So if i record a movie that comes on at say around 2 and ends around 4 am, the screen saver wont come on during that time?

4. david66

david66 Regular member

you can change the time that when the screen saver appears call dish network when the screensaver appears dish network starts downloads to your dvr like program listings etc but call dish network to be sure about recording

5. techbud

techbud Member

If i set the timer on my DISH receiver to when i wanna start and stop it, then use my DVD recorder to record the movie, will the screensaver show up at all?

6. david66

david66 Regular member

i am not sure call dish network they will be able to give you the correct info