1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx conversion : Pal to NTSC

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by monteie, Nov 5, 2004.

1. monteie

monteie Member

I did a search but could not find any information on this. The only thing I could finde on this site is that TMPGEnc is a possible candidate for this type of conversion.
    Can anyone point me to a guide that would allow me to do the conversion? I have looked a a couple and tried some but to no success yet.
    Here is the information on the video I'm looking to convert should anyone want a little more detail

AVI Information
    Filesize: 734277632 Bytes (700.26 MB)
    Streams (i.e. Video, Audio): 2
    Video Stream
    Compression: divx - DivX
    Avg. Bitrate: 767.55 kbit/s
    Resolution: 512x288
    Color Depth: 24 bits
    Running Time: 5867.08 s (1h 37m 47s)
    Framerate: 25.0000 fps
    Microseconds Per Frame: 40000 ms
    Frames: 146677
    Keyframes: 4177 (Every 35)
    Audio Stream
    Wave Type: 8192 - AC3 Audio
    Avg. Bitrate: 224.00 kbit/s
    Sample Rate: 48000 Hz
    Bit Depth: 0 Bits
    Channels: 2
    Audio Delay: 0.00 s

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

As a DivX file, playable only on computer, it doesn't really matter whether it's 24 or 25 FPS, or what resolution it is at.
    Suppose you wanted to convert the AVI to NTSC DVD, to play on your TV (that's what you want to do, right?)
    I would just convert it like any other AVI, using NeroVision Express 2 SE. Some people use TMPGEnc, or DVDSanta.
    So it doesn't matter, any converter will work on the PAL file.
    There are no PAL AVIs really, it doesn't matter; only PAL DVDs :)
    Regards

3. monteie

monteie Member

Are you saying that when I encode using TMPGEnc I can just ignore the fact the the video is PAL or NTSC and choose NTSC properties such as 23.976 fps in my encoder? I haven't tried that.... That would make things a little easier but thinking back...... Looking at the tutorials that are out there they all seem to disagree. When looking at a tutorial for converting Divx to DVD like this one here it specifically asks to to watch for this and enter appropriate values.
    I am wondering if you have done this yourself before. It would be nice if this worked. Maybe I'll try it. Could you give me a little more detail on it?

Thanks