1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Divx Player saying No Recorder Found

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by vitonxl, Jan 21, 2008.

1. vitonxl

vitonxl Member

I have a couple of months old Dell Inspiron E1705 w/Vista. For the last couple of months I was having problems with my DVD drive disappearing after burning a disc with Nero and Divx Player. When I say disappearing I mean from the computer recognizing it. I contacted Dell and they fixed it for a day but then the Divx Player says "No Recorder Found". Even with the computer showing the drive there. Nero is working fine also. I contacted Dell and of course they couldn't fix the problem and still can't fix the drive from disappearing. Dell is saying it's my problem for what they did to the Divx program disappearing. Of course Dell keeps calling me because I told them I will never buy a Dell again. Slow over priced pieces of shiz.
    I contacted Divx about the problem and they gave me a link to the All in One fix. I already tried it but I decided I'll give it a try again. Of course it still says "No Recorder Found".
    Any suggestions? I think the Delltard messed with my registry not allowing Divx permission to the drive. So help would be greatly appreciated.

2. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Did you try reinstalling Divx?

Why don't you burn with nero instead of Divx plyer?

Last edited: Jan 23, 2008
  3. Amir89

Amir89 Regular member

When your drive "disappears" can it still read and access discs, what happens when you put a disc in the drive?

The only thing I can think of is to update your firmware and make sure DMA is enabled.

To find out what firmware you need Right-click on My Computer> Properties> Hardware Tab> Device Manager> Now click on the (+) next to DVD/CD-ROM Drives and it will expand showing the manufacturer and model of your drive.

Go Here: http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_all.php and find your manufacturer and model, download the correct firmware and install. Simple.

As for DMA, follow this easy guide:http://my.afterdawn.com/alkohol/blog_entry.cfm/231/dmaissues

4. vitonxl

vitonxl Member

Dell is sending me a new dvd drive. So I'll start there.
    Nero doesn't burn divx files on to a disc. Divx Player lets you burn multiple divx files to one divx disc.
    Just pissed can't burn divx files and use the multi-monitor to watch movies on my big screen monitor. Dell has went down hill in the last 3 years. Dell says they'll get them both fixed. While wasting my time.

5. cyprusrom

cyprusrom Active member

Nero burns the files to the disc, if you want to play them in a Divx compatible player.Any data burning software will burn your multiple Divx files to a disc.