1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DIVX to DVD audio out of sync

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by C.j., May 24, 2004.

1. b3ckm4n

b3ckm4n Guest

I have PCM, I converted it to MP2 and it was just a little bit over, so I read up a little more and got DVDShrink, and it got the extra 1% smaller I needed. Thanks for the help. After a week of work I finally got the hang of it, haha.

2. elainc33

elainc33 Member

why not take the lazy way out, buy X-oom divx2dvd, you cant alter the aspect ratio as this is set automatically but it is cheap, easy to use and quick, with the Direct part of the program you can encode and burn an average size avi or mpg movie in around 65 minutes.

3. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ elainc33 : whats an average size avi file round about

4. mickas

mickas Guest

It must b only 20 Mb if it does it in 65 mins.....Eh!!!!

5. andmerr

andmerr Guest

The reason i ask how long does a 750meg file take !!!

6. mickas

mickas Guest

Its either a fantastic product we must try...due to doing a 700 Mb AVI in 65 mins.....Or the quality is absolutely shyt.....my avg. is 3-4 hrs for a approx. 700 Mb AVI.......thats after the editing.....

7. andmerr

andmerr Guest

i always thought you know maybe 10hrs mininum would be realistic not 65 mins. Although i did see discreet had an encoder that could do a whole dvd disc in 12 mins.(think it was called the cleaner XL)

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2004
  8. elainc33

elainc33 Member

I would say average about 650MB, the last one I did was last week, Chronicles of Riddick was 690 MB and took 63 minutes, using "Direct" part of DIVX2DVD program and on a dvd+RW, it is quicker this way as it encodes and burns at the same time. Divx2dvd also has "Creator" program which uses menus and you can edit, so was able to put intro of Shrek 2 with main dvdrip download as the intro was missing and with the editing that took around 75 mins in all. I do have a fairly decent computer which helps. Hope that answers any questions. Does anyone know if it is possible to convert an mkv format, never come across that before and only found it was that after H Potter 650 MB download completed.

9. andmerr

andmerr Guest

10. elainc33

elainc33 Member

andmerr, many thanks for suggestion. So far I have downloaded mpc to play the mkv, but no audio so far, so evidently codec missing, also have looked at your link and there is a program as you know River Past Video Cleaner, to convert mkv to avi. Unfortunately its $30.00 which I cant afford just for converting one movie for a friends child. I will keep looking though.

11. andmerr

andmerr Guest

12. elainc33

elainc33 Member

andmerr, well it is a bit complicated for a very new newbie, but I downloaded ogg vorbis and now I have got sound!!!! but it is not very loud even though on maximum but can live with that. The next thing is to try and convert to avi. without having to pay 30 dollars for River Past Video Cleaner. Got any suggestions?? If not will just keep looking but thanks alot for your help.

13. elainc33

elainc33 Member

Hi, well I got free trial of video cleaner plus the dxwebsetup, wmfdist and ttseng.mis they said was required, tried to open the Harry Potter mkv and it said "the following files do not contain recognisable video", so I cant get any further. As the download came from a reputable source, dont understand this, can see and hear the movie on classic media player, looks good quality and been done in chapters. Dont know why the guy didnt make it available as an avi or mpeg instead of this obscure mkv format. Had enough of it now as I daresay the forum members have too!!! Will have to let the neighbours kids in to watch on computer, charge them 20 pence a turn, ha ha.

14. b3ckm4n

b3ckm4n Guest

Does anyone know a place to find a trial version of X-oom Divx2DVD? I want to see if it actually will convert an AVI in 65 min, but I'd rather not just buy it straight out...

15. elainc33

elainc33 Member

bBckm4n, You cant get a free trial,u can buy the disc from X-oom,German company, or download from their site in U.S. dollars (it is around 22 pounds but as dollar is low may be around 40 dollars) It has Creator, Direct, Capture & Copy programs, incl burning prog. Quickest for straight forward avi's is Direct using DVDRW (to insure no coasters) then copy with Nero, Roxio whatever. Only one disadvantage is it sets aspect ratio automatically, so I avoid v. narrow screen files. I am told it is obtainable from Shareaza.com and other p2p and then if you look around for spiders in cracks you may get lucky and have a permanent free trial!

16. andmerr

andmerr Guest

elainc33 :classic media player can you give me a description is that real media player or windows etc

17. elainc33

elainc33 Member

andmerr, sorry I got it the wrong way around, its mpc media player classic, will have to go back and look for link and will tell you when I find it.

18. elainc33

elainc33 Member

andmerr you can get mpc from http://souceforge.net/projects/quliverkli - hope I typed that in correctly. If you go to Dr. Divx Problem Forum you can follow the struggle I am having with an mkv file, a nice patient guy shiroh is trying to help

19. andmerr

andmerr Guest

@ elainc33 : YES he is very patient especially when i get it wrong doing pal to ntsc conversions

20. C.j.

C.j. Member

Hello, Has anyone tried the Super DVD Creator 7.5 program. It can convert Divx to DVD. I have tried the demo that will give you 2 minutes of conversion. From what I can see it does a well job but, I would like to see how it works out on the entire Divx. I am concerned about the audio sync. Thank you.

Last edited: Jul 17, 2004